Holiday time is always hurry hurry rush rush...and the mom's, girlfriend's,
wives, in other words, the "girls" get more stressed then blessed.
A few hints from my spa-developer daughter, Vanessa, on how to detox
and find some real time for just yourself.
Imagine yourself in these luxurious surroundings,
taking a few moments of the day just for YOU
- Treat yourself to a pedicure. Just relax and do it.
- Create a pre-bath titual using Neutrogena body oil, which is made of natural sesame seeds. Lather this oil all over your body before having a 20-minute soak in warm water; it takes that long for your pores to open completely and release accumulated impurities & toxins in the skin.
- MAKE a herbal bath ritual. Add peppermint, lemon, rose or jasmine tea, wrapped in a pretty cloth pouch & tied with a ribbon, to your warm bathwater.
- Buy a bottle of Pine Spa oil and once a week have a Pine Spa. Place the Pine Spa Oil under ot running water, and light a pine-scented candle.
- Get a new digital scale and weigh yourself each morning before breakfast.
- Play some music you love, don't answer ANY telephone and just chill out.
- Buy a thick, plushy bathrobe, like in the spas - a "cashwere" type of microfibre as soft & downy as a new baby (available at some spas). Put it on when you are wet from your bath and pat yourself dry...so much better for your skin than rubbing.
- Lay out all the clothes you'll be wearing prior to your bath. Make certain everything is in perfect order, down to the jewelry, handbag & shoes. When your clothes are all set, dressing is quick & fun.
- After an early evening bath,lie down for 8-10 minutes before you get dressed again. You will feel like a new person. Promise.
a wonderful season for all to remember sharing with strangers
as well as those we love.
peace, love & joy be with you....