Thursday, April 15, 2010

Evocative White



Posted by Picasa




the amazing artistry of this photo shoot,
can we even imagine what it took to capture these images?


first of all, a stylist with an incredible vision for her story.
second, a talented person to scout locations.
then a set decorator who could bring her vision to life.
makeup artists, hairdressers, pressers, assistants to everyone.
models who endured endless hours of re-shooting.
beautiful apparel from many designers, 
which is the focal point of the story.
a brilliant photographer who understood the stylist's vision, who 
had numerous assistants to manage lighting, staging the models,
the smoke, the angles...all reset 100 times.
and finally, an editor who understood which images told the story the best.




it's just another pretty picture?
not.

12 comments:

  1. The are certainly glamorous.. and beautiful lighting and mood.. I do tend to love dark and moody pieces.. so these are right up my alley.. trains too.. love trains!!! we had the railroad line not far from our house as kids.. so trains were also fascinating to us...

    Beautiful post.. xx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vocative use of imagery --- no words need express the photo does it all... glamour at its best

    It reminds me of wonderful photography Annie Leibovitz- and her work especially her fantasy series

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely to look at but it's out ofmy price and age range.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes absolutely!
    It is nice to remind the world of the immense talent, effort and focus that goes into all visual work.

    Loving that you found my blog and that you are a follower. Very glad to have you and hope to hear your voice in my little blog corner.

    I am off to explore more of your stunning 'gems of glamour'.

    x Charlotta

    P.s I too love the Amalfi coast. It is magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Marsha,
    Certainly not just another picture! This team was magic!
    Thanks for more inspiration as always.
    Bonne journée,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. True...we often forget the team, and sometimes army behind the scenes...these are so romantic and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are truly inspiring photos!

    Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so pretty Marsha! I love the second pic, and yes, it's amazing to think what goes into these shoots! Yes, we might be separated at birth, lol, and I'm a southern girl to boot! I'll be popping back in, for sure, hope you have the most fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are amazing & I can't thank you enough for all your support of RHS. Your comments really mean the world to me. Such a sweet person you are! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathtaking photos - visual candy! Love them:)

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.