hop over to Marsha's new web shop, lots of goodies for you & the holidays

Thursday, May 27, 2010

White Beach

From my commercial photographer son's blog today

biloxi. 2009. driving back to texas from back-to-back assignments in atlanta and nashville,  i decided to take the low road along the gulf coast to see what the previous year's hurricanes had done to the beachfront.  more than i had expected. where once stood palatial 100+ year-old victorian mansions which had lined the coast,  there were now empty stairs leading to nowhere. it seemed very ghostlike. then i turned toward the ocean and saw the reason for rebuilding. white sand and blue water. and 1 lone beach umbrella with a couple enjoying their solitude and an empty beach. i don't even think they had corona's.



  1. That photo is just great!!!

    Kristin xx

  2. Hi Marsha,
    What a beautiful image,they makes me dream about holidays.

  3. Wow your son is so talented! That's a gorgeous image sweetie. Hope you're doing well & having a fabulous week. Any plans this weekend?

  4. Gorgeous pics! It is sad, what happens, when Mother Nature fury is exhibited! I use to live in Florida. I won a blog award, called Trendy Tree, I want to pass it to you~

  5. Oh that is just so sad about the beautiful Victorian houses.

    I love his picture though and like his sense of humour....no corona's..heck.

  6. That is inspiring, I am watching CNN as we speak, about the oil spill, we have such beautiful beaches here, I really hope these natural wonders can be saved! Have the most lovely weekend!

  7. Dear Marsha

    The simplicity of the photo is striking -
    The ghost like images of staircases leading nowhere even though not in the photo your words carry weight --Nothing mundane about this photo. There is a calm surreal lingering feeling to it- I can image the two people sitting there perceiving the eternity in the sea while the waves lap at the shore singing there is no loss only difficult gifts.

    Have a beautiful week end and enjoy your trip.

  8. Dear Madame splendorosa,

    I am having a lot of fun discovering your blog.Thank you!!!

  9. Oh, how peaceful that must be! Although I still do not understand why people rebuild..., just to have the same happen again?! I'd find a better spot for sure!

    Happy Weekend!

  10. Love the beach. This is beautiful

    Regards Marsha.

  11. What a beautiful photo!

    Jane (artfully graced)


Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, each of them mean so much to me. After all, the interaction is the reason we blog. xx's