Monday, March 21, 2011

Lanvin Jewelry & Lanvin Prices, Really?



Necklace
Brass & Glass
$1635


Necklace
Faux Pearls (?)
Brass Beads with Glass
$960

Brooch
Brass, Faux Pearls, Glass "crystals"
$1500
Necklace
Blackened Metal chain, Glass "horns"
& glass pave
$1355




all I know is that these prices are
RIDICULOUS,
meaning absurb...not cool.
these pieces can be found in any
Chinese trash wholesale store on Harwin
here in Houston.  
maybe I would pay $15.00 for each of these. 

is the "Lanvin" name really
worth this price?

would you pay this price for dreck?

I love Alber. I adore Lanvin apparel.
But this, I don't adore.
 


Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. No not seeing anything really special here!! I think I will go and look at your jewels a bit!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha, speaking as a lover of both costume jewellery and real, there seems to be this whole new wave of dress jewellery being made by designer labels, who then continue to charge designer prices and that seems to be acceptable because its designer, but the craftmanship still has to be there and authentic materials do really speak! Even If I had the money I would feel I as a customer was being exploited. Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I agree - these pieces most certainly do not warrant those price tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These prices are absurd. All I can think of is fashion victims when considering that someone would actually pay these prices for art project jewelry with a fancy French name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very strange...........these prices are not normal in my understanding!!!
    I don't know,may be I can not decided,but I see you designs and I think that they are absolutely not less nice and talented,dear M.!

    XXX,hugs
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I would want handmade one of a kind pieces with real pearls, diamonds etc for those prices

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.