Rosemary Chicken with Arugula & White Cannellini Beans
my daughter is in a veggie-growing period right now, and
actually has a large container of fresh rosemary,
hence my need to make this dish.
basically a 1-Dish meal.
before you make this recipe, my feelings were the following...
add more of everything, maybe double the recipe as I think it would make good
leftovers, except for the Arugula which you add at the last moment anyway.
also, not enough tang in the chicken, would add fresh lemon juice or maybe zest of a lemon.
but the chicken was really juicy and nice, not at all dry.
I added a couple TBSPs of Balsamic Vinegar to the rosemary olive, red wine vinegar,
garlic because I just knew it would be kinda blah.
it makes a beautiful presentation, so don't hesitate to serve it...
& it cooks up really quickly.
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 50m
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 4 cups baby arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, whisk together the vinegar, rosemary, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the beans, arugula, and onion and toss to combine.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the arugula and beans.