Thursday, May 3, 2012

What I Will Wear to the Kentucky Derby 2012

 







What I Will Wear to the Kentucky Derby 2012 

now that I've completed my outfit for the Derby on Saturday,
I hope you approve.

I saw a photo of Fergie in the Givenchy dress and I knew it was finished for me.



I knew I loved the white dresses, and this one just has so much pizazz, without being overloaded with a floral print. 
anyway, wearing white will be unexpected.
if I were a 1st-timer at the races maybe I would wear the florals, but I know how many events
you attend during this one very long day, and somehow this dress seemed to be elegant, edgy,
whimsical & demur all at the same time.
I don't think it adds weight to one's hips at all.
staying close to the beiges/tans/golds with all my accessories made sense.
especially when the Jill Henning hat sits atop the entire outfit.
the shoes are beige, but bold, so is the handbag.
I added the Swarovski handbag just because it's so beautiful.
the little gold sequined flats are a necessity as the events begin with a breakfast.


the gold watch, with a tennis bracelet, no bangles as this is a day of shouting,clapping and those things just
get in the way after a long time.
Multi-Stranded Necklace & Gold/Diamond Earrings.


AND SUNGLASSES 


the Hermes scarf just because.


the only way to survive this day is to drink Perrier most of the time.
maybe a little cocktail at breakfast and one Mint Julep somewhere along the way, of course.


we are leaving Friday morning in order to attend the
Brown Barnstable Party Friday night.
it's not nearly as much fun as it sounds, but we will put in an appearance, then go
on to another gala at one of the hotels.


I'm houseguesting with friends, so it's really painless for me.


we will be home Sunday so that everyone can be back at work on Monday.
once a year we can do a marathon, can't we?


I'm still for "Gemologist" just in case you wanted to know.


What I Will Wear to the Kentucky Derby 2012 by splenderosa featuring genuine leather handbags