Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Amalfi Coast of Italy, Take 2


I need say nothing more...this is my favorite place on

Earth.

As we go along this week I'll show you some images from my
visits to Italy.  The fabulous shots were taken by my son, Steve,
who is a commercal photographer of some note.  Some are just
family photos taken by my dear incapacitated husband, Ned, who
always had a camera in his hand.  I knew when we went the last time
it would be his final trip to Europe and I planned every little detail
to make him happy, including taking our 7.5 lb poodle, FiFi, with us.

me with FiFi




this image is the wallpaper on my computer,
I see it every day and still marvel at the beauty.




we rented a villa between Sorrento & Positano in a little place called
Massa Lubrense
where we had a 180 view of the Mediterranean Sea.
a place we could enjoy without any stress, a pool and
this view that only God could give you.






The hotel where Ned & I stayed on our 1st visit to Sorrento
Hotel Bellevue Syrene







the dining al fresco hotel's casual little cafe,
open all day & into the evening



the hotel's beautiful dining terrace overlooking the steep cliff & the sea
very elegant dress required


Daytime in the Villa Pompeiana Restaurant with view to Vesuvius




evening in the hotel's formal dining room,
everything white glove service,
& the most beautifully presented plates of Italian cuisine.






hotel's beach area...aren't the umbrellas just too pretty for words?
the hotel had a grotto with a real swimming pool, but it was mostly in the
shade in the afternoons, and the social part of me & Ned wanted to be
among the other visitors.





craft like this were common-place, as were huge sailing craft...at night
when they had all their lights on the rigging & around the sides if you
were driving on the coast road high above the sea you could see how
beautiful the aquamarine water is...each time I saw this I gasped with delight.








my little yacht








just another little street scene




below, some of the jewelry I might wear in this part of the world,
 created in our Studio Splenderosa

kyanite, aquamarine & blue topaz, with iolite




genuine stick coral on sterling




14k gold with peridot, topaz, amethyst, citrine, carnelian, blue topaz, tournamine  



14k gold with angel skin turquoise


multi-strand top-drilled freshwater pearls with vintage pendant
so no 2 will be alike


 gold single strand necklaces with single drop of
various semi-precious stones,
which could be any material one desired,
all faceted by hand


freshwater keshi pearls with green amethyst



Hand Braided Peridot Rondelles
with large Green Amethyst Pendant
(no longer available)


 
14K Gold Hand Faceted Chain, Angel Skin Turquoise Rope



Bracelet, Blue Crystal Quartz, Peridot, Tourmaline, Jade
& Freshwater Pearls



Sterling Silver Wired Cuff
with various pink stones & pearls,
Swarovski crystals add sparkle
(sold)

Bracelet, Angel Skin Turquoise Beads Hand Wired on
Sterling with vintage Clasp


4 Bracelets Stacked
Various Art Glass Beads, Vermeil Bali Beads
with Turquoise & Peruvian Opal


and the perfect outfit, one you could literally wear every day
Italian Etro
note:  add a bra or cami

special note, don't wear jeans



the most wonderful reason to rent a house/villa is that if many people are travelling
it ends up being almost the same price as a hotel room, 
but you have a big piece of property, your own pool,
your own kitchen, your own laundry, a housekeeper/cook,
and the ability to immerse yourself into the local
culture...you go shopping for wines, groceries, fruits, vegetables,
fish, wines, local delicacies, wines 
and you have the time for true friendships to develop with
the local shopkeepers, restaurant owners, etc.
We celebrated Ned's birthday at a little trattoria
owned by our housekeeper's son...on a little sidewalk in Sorrento.
We met people from England, Ireland & Germany who all
had birthday cake with us.

The homes we've rented have been in locations we had been previously
so we knew we wanted to go back and
spend a lot more time soaking up everything. 
For me, those places are always on the water somewhere.

Tomorrow, photos of the villa we rented + Positano
& more fashion & jewelry

  this post is a reprise of one I posted in March 2010 when
I didn't have nearly so many followers/readers/friends.

hope you enjoyed


xx's

26 comments:

  1. I love France (as you know) but I honestly don't think there is anywhere in Europe more beautiful than this part of Italy.

    Stunning photos Marsha, I love looking at them.

    Love your music choice too XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing place. How hard it must have been to leave the villa. I think we always try to figure out a way to stay whenever we go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's just breathtaking!! The jewelry too... love those sparkling sea tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this lovely compliment on our jewelry, DP. I know how discerning you are, so I am very grateful.

      Delete
  4. WOW oh WOW! This is AMAZING...first of all you are such a glamourama, love that picture of you then the pictures nearly had me falling off my chair, they are so insanely gorgeous and this music you have piped in just fits the glamorous and sophsitciated mood to perfection. Incredible!! I have been to Italy 3 times but not once made it to the Amalfi coast but guess where hubby and I agreed is our next big trip? Yep....we both agreed, the Amalfi coast. Doesnt' get much better than that, and your jewels...OMG that necklace with the pendant, am going to email you on that one, I NEED more info, its gorgeous. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous images Marsha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina, so much. All these pieces are "to order" only, so there is a bit of a wait. Love that necklace too, it's one of my favs of all the things I've ever created.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Marsha, I can't decide which is more stunning - your photos of the Amalfi coast or your jewellery! What a gorgeous post. We also like best to rent a house in places we travel to for at least a week - a fabulous way to get to know your surroundings well. I love that you took your dog with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, this was so very wonderful to see--a dream! I have been asking to know more about you since I am one of your newbie's and of course, how generous you are with all of us because I know I am not the only one. Yes, I agree with Simone, as wonderful as France can be, that part of Italy is just pure Heaven. Well, I would think as I have never been and please don't tell my honey!
    And yes, your bijoux are more and more wonderful too. Up, up and away my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very beautiful part of the world, the first time i stepped onto the cliff face at Sorrento my jaw dropped! Its my favourite also, stunning, its my blog header too!
    Those blue aquamarine earrings are gorgeous! Love the photo of you and fifi! Have a fabulous time, I'm off to the uk tomorrow, but may go to Sorrento at the end if we have time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful part of the world. How have I missed it in my travels! Your jewelry is really special. Shiree'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Beautiful photos. Love them all a heavenly trip.
    Your jewelry is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha,

    I am in awe at your stunning vacation photos! I love Italy and have Ben many, many times but never to the almafi coast. You may need to be their brand ambassador! Both you and Fifi look great.

    Now, can I just tell you....your new jewelry! Wow! I love the necklace with the pendant, and the bracelet with the antique clasp.

    Going to your store now! Thanks for sharing.

    Eluzabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous photographs, and I so love the jewelry :}

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beautiful, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merci pour l'ensemble de vos merveilleuses photos... Je suis certaine que vous avez passé des moments formidables... Les points de vue sont sublimes.
    J'ai aussi beaucoup aimé la photo de l'enfant et de la barque qui pointe le bout de son nez entre les roches...
    Votre "yacht" aussi était beau !
    Quant aux bijoux, ils sont incontestablement très beaux.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely breathtaking! Now, the Amalfi coast is on my bucket list. So many places, so little time...I'd surely like to figure out how to live in constant travel to all the places I want to go. Anyone?
    xoxo, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post - so heart-felt and how lovely to have such an amazing record of your trip. I am so glad you shared it again. Thank you and I love the jewellery -perfect. F

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure that was a memorable vacation. The images are stunning. There are many beautiful places in the world, but I think one would be hard pressed to find one more beautiful than Italy. Your new jewelry is smashing too.
    XO Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,hello,my dear,wonderful Marsha:-)*

    I`am SO glad to see you at this phophoto!!!
    I think,I knew how nice you are...and it`s realy true!

    Beyond gorgeous photos from Italy,Oh,my Godness,just so beautiful place!
    Breathtaking nice!!!
    I know now my next vacation place,thank you so very much:-)))*

    I can`t enaugth say about your new designs,Marsha.They are fresh,new and high TOP with so much great ideas and details!
    I like one necklace with pearls with vintage pendant,great work,amazing pice!!!

    And bracelets are so good by everywhere fashions style!

    Hugs and Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marsha, I adore the Amalfi Coast and your sons pictures are stunning, I want to go right now! Your beautiful jewellery is just the thing to wear, the colours compliment the beautiful scenery perfectly. looking forward to seeing the Villa.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pictures are breathtaking- now I have to go visit there and stay in that unbelievable hotel. You new jewelry is exquisite- especially the freshwater pearls with the pendant. Susan at Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  20. PS

    Forgot to add, I am so glad you reprised this post.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Marsha, LOVE this post and love y'all spent such a wonderful time, making memories against the, sometimes, frostiness of life. I would love to go to this part of Italy; Dave and I were in other regions but not this one. It's absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word I am captivated and enchanted remembering my trip to Positano and Sorrento! Your sons pics are splendid and what a view from the villa. I agree it is the way to do it. Nothing beats shopping for food and salad things at the markets with my phrase book in hand and much laughing and gestulating to make meself understood! La dolce vita Bella Marsha, la dolce vita!

    Veronica
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh forgot to say.. love you anf Fifi!
    xxx
    V

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.