Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dining......



I really like this room, love the black, the high drama one could create in this
space.
I do not like the sunburst mirror at all.
I think it's too busy with the chandelier, and had it been mine I would have found
some amazing large rectangular mirror, with age on it.
What do you think?
With the table laid, sparking crystal, flickering votives marching up & down, 
fresh flowers, this is a dining room where the guests take center stage.
& I do love the comfortable chairs.

*******************************************

Doesn't this look like something from Greet's Belgian Pearls?
Love the walls of glass, like being outdoors.
Try as I may, there isn't one thing I could find to dislike about this room.
Even the gray paint with the natural woods, the terracotta pots, the black buffet unit, the floors.


*************************************************************

below, the softness of the table skirt with the harshness of those huge urns
with cactus?
I don't know about this.
Well, I do.
I don't like it at all.
I do like the chandelier, but I would have put shades on them as I hate
naked light bulbs.
But, the painting is amazing, and so are the walls.



And, look to your right on my sidebar, that Set of 7 Stretchable Bracelets
in turquoises, blues, silvers


what wonderful napkin rings these would make,
just twist them, and voila...a new look.

they come in all colors too, on my website.

I mean, just a thought...




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Agree with your take on the dining rooms, for the most part. I think that the sunburst mirror makes the room tilt to the side....it's too heavy for the space. I could sit at the 'sunporch' table for hours...absolutely charming. The last room...I'm not sure that it's the urns that throw the whole thing off. I think that the culprit may be that mahogany sideboard over on the wall...It doesn't fit at all. Thanks for creating the exercise in design for us. I enjoyed it. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second room.
    Really don't like the third.
    The first one is almost there, but like you, I don't care for the sunburst mirror. I'd replace it with a gorgeous, interesting painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely room that first one!!! and I do agree with you on the mirror thought. xxooxox

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.