hop over to Marsha's new web shop, lots of goodies for you & the holidays

Thursday, June 28, 2012


I really like this room, love the black, the high drama one could create in this
I do not like the sunburst mirror at all.
I think it's too busy with the chandelier, and had it been mine I would have found
some amazing large rectangular mirror, with age on it.
What do you think?
With the table laid, sparking crystal, flickering votives marching up & down, 
fresh flowers, this is a dining room where the guests take center stage.
& I do love the comfortable chairs.


Doesn't this look like something from Greet's Belgian Pearls?
Love the walls of glass, like being outdoors.
Try as I may, there isn't one thing I could find to dislike about this room.
Even the gray paint with the natural woods, the terracotta pots, the black buffet unit, the floors.


below, the softness of the table skirt with the harshness of those huge urns
with cactus?
I don't know about this.
Well, I do.
I don't like it at all.
I do like the chandelier, but I would have put shades on them as I hate
naked light bulbs.
But, the painting is amazing, and so are the walls.

And, look to your right on my sidebar, that Set of 7 Stretchable Bracelets
in turquoises, blues, silvers

what wonderful napkin rings these would make,
just twist them, and voila...a new look.

they come in all colors too, on my website.

I mean, just a thought...



  1. Agree with your take on the dining rooms, for the most part. I think that the sunburst mirror makes the room tilt to the side....it's too heavy for the space. I could sit at the 'sunporch' table for hours...absolutely charming. The last room...I'm not sure that it's the urns that throw the whole thing off. I think that the culprit may be that mahogany sideboard over on the wall...It doesn't fit at all. Thanks for creating the exercise in design for us. I enjoyed it. Cherry Kay

  2. Love the second room.
    Really don't like the third.
    The first one is almost there, but like you, I don't care for the sunburst mirror. I'd replace it with a gorgeous, interesting painting.

  3. what a lovely room that first one!!! and I do agree with you on the mirror thought. xxooxox


Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, each of them mean so much to me. After all, the interaction is the reason we blog. xx's