Monday, November 19, 2012

Table Settings + 2 More, Inspirational Ideas









just think, you could even serve apple juice like this & it would become special.

of course, for me it's always "in the presentation."

I begin with the concept, work it all out in my head - down to the tiniest detail -
& when the actual entertaining happens I relax and have fun...

well, except for that time years ago when at a HUGE Christmas party in our
home, the band members ate most all of my beautiful buffet !!

I didn't even realize this was happening until all my guests began to depart,
and I'm wondering why they're going so early...
one of my girlfriends told me what happened...
that's one thing I didn't plan for, you know?

I'm already washing all the crystal, have taken the entire bar apart,
and  am even re-positioning artwork.

have a lovely week, I'll report back in & let you know my status...

*************************************************

Our Houston Texans (football team) is now 9-1 (9 wins, 1 loss) !!!
Houston is stoked.
They play Detroit on Thanksgiving day, which will have a lot to say about
our dinnertime.  
This is the 1st time ever our team has done so well.
So we're dreaming, hoping, wishing, ......

New England Patriots are doing OK too, have 3 losses which they
lost by an aggregate of 4 points.

& Peyton in Denver is sailing along too. I'm cheering for them because
I think it's just terrible that Indianapolis let him go after so many winning years
with her as their quarterback.  







Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous settings. I'm always determined to add the glass turkeys to my collections each year...and each year, I forget the moment that Thanksgiving is completed. Sigh. Beautiful inspirational settings. Greatest entertaining debacle...Just as I was walking down the aisle for KC's wedding, the coordinator whispers that the club had called & the wedding cake had fallen. She managed to have a replacement by the time we arrived at the reception. When told, KC said, " Eggs, sugar, oil, & flour will neither make or break my wedding." Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Happy Thanksgiving! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marsha!

    Things are getting busy at your house! I love a big beautiful meal with all of the sides and of course lots of family. Sadly this year for Thanksgiving we will not be with family, luckily we have wonderful friends to spend the day with.

    Have a great week getting ready!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a football fan too, YELL at the TV:) Our team is doing TERRIBLY!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! These tables are beautifully inspirational, thanks!!! You can come on over and see our table from Sat. night. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous..sounds like a fun kind of busy over there. So funny about the band members gobbling up the food...must have been good! Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, my ever so glamorous friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha, what gorgeous inspirational images! Sounds like you are really getting ready for this festive holiday season! I wish you and your family a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha--
    Definitely fun times in Houston!! I always cheer for Peyton, too. So thankful for family, football, and fun blogs--especially during these trying times! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha--
    Definitely fun times in Houston!! I always cheer for Peyton, too. So thankful for family, football, and fun blogs--especially during these trying times! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha-
    The table is stunning! I love every thing here.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That second image with the pheasant is calling my name! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha....so many Thanksgiving inspirations. Have a wonderful Turkey day

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the turkey china!!:) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by the beauty you create!!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.