Thursday, November 8, 2012

When the Going Gets Tough.....


I have been feeling like my Fall/Winter wardrobe needed a bit of spice...
so, what's a girl to do...I went shopping.

Houston has every conceivable shop imaginable, the shopping is
diverse and wonderful but...I'm a Sak's 5th Avenue lady.
I know where everything is, don't have to dredge through piles/racks
of merchandise to find something I will love, it's just a good fit for me.

So.

Once home, camera ready, I placed the pieces on the floor (can you believe?),
an oversized cardigan with the shawl collar, 
 I had also found this divine pullover sweater...I think they look fabulous together, 
but the neckline was too empty for me.
A scarf?  Yes, and I have many long narrow scarfs to throw around my neck,
but I thought I would use this new Splenderosa Faux Tusk Necklace in 
the deep forest green.
Plan to wear all this with leather pants, I've got both black & brown which 
would work with these pieces, I think.
Also I could pop a turtleneck under the cardigan for a more subdued look,
but then I would change the necklace to multi-strands of dangling ones.




 
 
 
can you see the interspersed sequins all over the sweater?
and with the necklace embellished with the gold wire braiding & crystals it looks good.


*************
one of my girlfriends works for Chico's & she gifted me with this little jacket,
I had found this darling black silk jersey top, pulled out a necklace from
the Splenderosa collection and paired them...I am pleased with the look because I
can take the jacket off and I have a beautiful top, worn over slim pants, maybe leather again,
and the outfit becomes great for cocktails or dinner out.


 


& they had a red version of the same top, just a smaller fit,
and again the forest green faux tusk necklace.




below is a piece I made for a client,
14k gold-filled chain with red coral & garnet pear-shaped dangles.
$175
 
 

another fashion piece which is just about complete,
all made with my own fingers,
triple stranded piece in both faceted & smooth pink sea jasper,
interspersed with tiny turquoise beads & little gold ones,
suspended by the 2 rings which should be just about collar-bone level,
and fastened with the chain.
$125

 

&, of course, I couldn't resist this little grand-daughter outfit,  isn't it too too cute?
this was actually at our "ultimate" Target.



if you like this, there will be more to come...I've finally gotten the camera
strapped to my wrist at all times so I can take pics of beautiful plants/flowers I'm buying
for one of the patios off a bedroom in the house.  having fun for sure

NorEaster don't stay too long, please...

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Hear, hear. I am so worried about my East Coast friends, I can't tell you. And certainly can't stop thinking about those that are out in the cold...

    And Marsha, you make me feel so boring in my head to toe black! You are a braver woman than I...
    xo,
    H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I had to answer this comment on the blog post...I wear head-to-toe black ALL the time, there is nothing more sophisticated or chic. But, I'm in Texas where our winters are very mild, but the personalities are not. Black/Brown leather pants, shoes/booties, handbag and turtleneck is how I'll wear this the most. And, if it gets really cold I'll throw on a big blkack/brown ruana/poncho. Hope your family and friends fare well in the East.

      Delete
  2. yippy...i recieved the necklace i order from the beautiful Splenderosa! now i am all blinged up for the holidays! this year i decided to just add some 'glam'...and this piece did the trick.
    thank you,
    Brbara who will also be wearing jeans with this bling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, the only thing I don't think is wonderful is the pocket on the red blouse. it drags down and ruins the lines, I think. other than that, it's all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good..your jewelry being my favorite things on the page! You are a glamorous woman no doubt about it...always fun to see what you put together!
    Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your style! Your items are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your style! Beautiful items!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.