Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cannes, Cannes....FRANCE - Simply Irresistible





Nicole Kidman – L’Wren Scott

Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott at Cannes Film Festival

hand's down, Nicole was by far the best dressed for these events!



& was I thrilled to learn that she's in a new movie,
a new movie
about

PRINCESS GRACE OF MONACO

2013-5-grace-kelly-17.jpeg
i don't like this photo of her, but we all know she is the ONLY actress who
could play the role of Princess Grace

Cartier has re-created the tiara of the Princess for the film.
with the family's approval.

2013-5-cartier-jewels16.jpeg

Cartier re-created the tiara which was worn by Princess Grace for her wedding portrait,
it platinum, diamonds & rubies.

the 3-stranded diamond necklace was a gift from Prince Ranier
to the Princess, it totals 58 carats & has been duplicated for the film also.

the film is due out in December,
in time for the Academy Award voting.


please hop over to see ANITA @ CASTLES, CROWN & COTTAGES
where she is hosting a week-long blog party called
FRANCE - SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE 

HERE








GIVEAWAY



3-Strand "Shades of Pink" Acrylic Chain Necklace
approximately 30" long
retail $90

perfect for summer holidays

these just arrived and they are FABULOUS,
IF you like fun fashion, whimsical, charming, pretty all at the same time.

gotta follow, gotta leave a comment



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha - If you are a Nicole Kidman fan, you would love the HBO Movie called "Hemingway and Gellhorn" where she plays his fourth wife, Martha Gellhorn. She was excellent and the movie is something that should have been on the big screen instead of on HBO...definitely worth watching.

    How exciting about a Princess Grace movie - I have always loved her!

    I hope you have a lovely day and are safe down there in Texas...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful re-creations by Cartier...If I was to choose between the two ;-) it would be the necklace....I'm such a dreamer...
    Thank you for popping by Marsha...and yes I'll pop you in my pocket so we can drink champagne in Positano....heaven.
    Have a lovely day.
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that Nicole is really looking good lately ..... I saw her in another dress at Cannes and she looked great in that one too.
    I think that she will portray Princess Grace beautifully in the film ..... and that diamond necklace is exquisite. Prince Ranier had very good taste ! { ... and money !!!! haha }
    .... and, thank you so much for your lovely comment Marsha ..,,. you always say such lovely things.
    Much love and have a lovely week. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look gorgeous, doesn't she? Of course I am an admirer--in my acting days, I dreamt of being cast as her Sister in something or other!! She will make a good Grace. So few of our actresses are capable of carrying off ice and fire, but I bet she will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both, Nicole Kidman and Princess Grace. I was lucky enough to visit Grace Kelly's exhibition where the visitors can see rarely displayed personal items, very carefully kept by her. I learned so much about this woman and truly admire her charitable and artistic work as well as breastfeeding advocacy ... Happy to meet you via Anita's party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be first in line to see that film!! I was raised in Philadelphia and so was Grace Kelly. It was a HUGE deal when she was marrying the Prince!!! The Kelly family was like royalty then:) Nicole will be fabulous.Oh, that NECKLACE....what a beauty!!! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comments. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Nicole and delighted to hear the great news that she is starring in a movie about Princess Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Princess Grace was one of the mot beautiful women of the world!!! And Nichole is close behind!!! I did not know that she was doing this movie! Oooooh, I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such glamour and beauty. Both women are equally beautiful. The necklace is lovely....coming over from Anita's party. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how it will all work out. When I think of Nicole I think she's miles away from Grace. I'm looking forward tot he film though and have high hopes that I'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V, Nicole is a very good actress and she will do whatever the director (& producer in this case) want. Let's hope for a splendid performance which captures our Princess's essence completely. So happy to see you!

      Delete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.