Monday, March 3, 2014

By Invitation Only March Edition, How Do We Find Our Creativity?

Welcome to the March 2014 issue
 of our monthly international blogging group called


Our topic for this monthly column is to talk about
what inspires our creativity.

What things inspire us to be creative, etc.

Most of us were taught that creativity comes from the thoughts and emotions of the mind. 
The greatest singers, dancers, painters, writers, and filmmakers recognize that the most original, and even transformative, ideas actually come from the core of our being, 
which is accessed through an "open-mind consciousness."

the psychologists all say this, right?

 We all have this capacity to open to the vital forces around us and allow ourselves to take them in, mingling them with our own passions.
We just have to find the key to unlock them.

For me, it could be nature or a design for a table decoration, like the one below.
You know this probably was not conceived as being this extravagant, it just developed
naturally when this creative person just let the juices flow.




Right now, in my home, I'm working on room re-decorating.
If it were me alone making the decisions how much easier it would be.



But, when I have to convince someone else what I'm thinking can be beautiful it's much harder.
For example, if you take this room (not mine, thankfully)...



the first thing I would see is the light and the ceiling height.
already I can see possibilities.





I have a vision.  
the colors would be the colors of the horses & the elephants,
my inspiration.

because I love them so much.






& maybe the fabric from St. Laurent's newest collection...



suddenly, inside my own head I visualize the entire room, laid out and beautifully designed
in thise colors and fabrics.



with some of these elements




you see, this room needs the elements of antiquities and fineness 
to make it personal & warm,
doesn't it?




so for me, it's the visualization of what something can be, long before it is.

know what I mean?

& even if I don't often have a project as extensive as this example, 
it's fun to explore how your mind works, isn't it?

go look at artwork, photographs...look on the internet...look at food photography
and see how the colors of fresh fruits have so much depth and how they all look
beautiful grouped together.

look into the sea, see all the colors in the waves, in the foam, on the shore.

hold a natural geode in your hand and marvel at it's facets.

my creative talents lie totally in the art and design categories,
I am hideous at photography, do not understand technical things & don't want to,
except for quantum physics,
love playing the devil's advocate in conversations about politics,
but couldn't care less about new cars and their engines.

new designer collections still send me to the moon and beyond.

please try to visit some of the other participants today.
we all work so very hard to make these post interesting, it would be a shame to miss them.
 
Photobucket