all this comes from BakersRoyale,
I made it and believe me it is wonderful.
I'm trying to be gluten-free or grain free anyway for the purposes of losing weight,
nothing that comes from "seeds of grass."
like rice, all grains yada yada yada.
but I LOVE coconut & pears so I just had to try this !!
Nothing other than just, you know, the regular switch up when I start to feel
things getting stagnant around here.
So don’t worry, I’m not going gluten-free,
I just happen to really love this recipe I developed for a girlfriend of mine who is gluten free.
And as for the two differently styled pictures—
well, I was struggling, but that quickly ended when I dropped the tart.
Nothing like a forced finish.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 pears halved and cored
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly cover 4x14 tart pan with bake spray.
- Sift almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Place oil, egg and 1/3 cup of sugar in a food processor and pulse until mixture is emulsified. Add greek yogurt and orange zest until well combined. With the food processor still running add in the almond meal mixture and pulse until combined. Pour and press mixture into a 4x14 tart pan. Toss pears in remaining sugar and press them into tart mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted into tart mixture comes out clean. Cool completely in tin. Serve with some drizzled honey.
- For the Greek yogurt I used Chobani, the coconut flour is Bob's Red Mill and the almond flour is from Trader Joe's.
- If you don't have a food processor use a stand mixer, if you do not have a stand mixer, use a large whisk and make sure to emulsify