Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Americans in Paris

well, I'm certain that Vicki Archer and Tish Jett already KNOW this
as they are hours ahead of us Texans...

but there is "news" for us fashionistas.

Time to update your New York Fashion Week calendar: The Row is moving its hot-ticket Spring 2016 presentation to Paris this season. 

While this isn’t the first time Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have decamped to the City of Light for Fashion Week—they moved their Spring 2011 affair to Paris after samples didn’t deliver to New York in time—it’s still a notable decision for the brand, which recently picked up the CFDA Fashion Award for Womenswear Designer of the Year. 

The sisters’ off-piste presentation was a big draw on the New York schedule, routinely held at posh, high-profile locations like Mies van der Rohe’s iconic Seagram Building and Bemelmans Bar at The Carlyle hotel. While no further details of their plans are known at this time, it’s a safe bet that the affair will be every bit as chic as what they’ve done in New York.
(all from vogue runway)


I have long thought that The Row, Marc Jacobs & Tom Ford
are the most relevant designers on the planet right now.

all Americans.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I hope those two young women are happier than they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they are happy; they should "notify their faces"! But look at models lately....Looking miserable seems to be the "go to" look!!!!


    I have to say, Marsha, that in the whole world.....no place is chicer or more fun; or more sophisticated, nor shows so many life lessons as "Bemelmens Bar"! It is my favorite little corner of the world! Just my opinion! And my second favorite (almost a tie) is right downstairs at the Carlyle..."Cafe Carlyle" with murals done by the artist I collect...."Marcel Vertes"!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.