Thursday, October 8, 2015



Those opaque bad boys are a lifesaverwhen the temps start to majorly dip…if only they stayed run-free for longer than, oh, a day.
 Good thing there’s a super-easy trick for extending the life of your tights.
You freeze them.
Yes, it sounds crazy, but hear us out: The next time you buy a new pair (and before you wear them), run them under water until they’re damp. Then place them in a plastic bag and freeze overnight. Take them out and give them a day to defrost and thaw out.
You only need to do this once--after that, you’re good to go. The chilly temps firm and strengthen the individual fibers of your tights, making them less susceptible to runs later on.

all from PureWow


 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Really?? How did anyone come up with this .... accidental froze their tights????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful tip. I will try it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? I JUST opened a new pair of tights and wore them already. I wonder if it will work if I do it after I wash them once?

    Hope all is well with you and you have a beautiful weekend, Marsha!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tip and remember doing this in high school and college. Then, I forgot. Thanks, Marsha, for reminding me; it's getting toward that time of year...chilly dipping into cold leaning into frigid.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.