Saturday, April 29, 2017

HUMILITY



Humility 

is not thinking 
less of yourself, 

it’s thinking 
of yourself less.
— 
                         C.S. Lewis 
C.S. Lewis was a prolific Irish writer and scholar best known for his 'Chronicles of Narnia' fantasy series and his pro-Christian texts.



The older I become the more I realize the vastness of our universe and, given this fact, we cannot escape the thought that WE ARE NOT ALONE.

What we DO HERE is a test of the person we are, and will ultimately define our eternal destiny.

OK, that computes, right?

today, please think about everything we humans do, like it's our RIGHT TO DO IT, and we keep doing it without giving it a thought.

every one of us has a choice to make each day.

let's try to be the BEST we can be TODAY.

let's think about how we obtain our food.
what we do to the creatures we eat.

is it worth it?  
no, it's not.  at least, for me it's not.

everything on our Earth is here for a reason, and I really don't think we were intended to kill millions of animals so we can 
EAT THEM, do you?

ok, come on, Marsha...
I know you're saying it !!

my son-in-law's family owns an active cattle ranch of vast proportions...my daughter and I can't discuss this with him at all.
but, we don't like how the cattle are treated and, certainly, we don't like their ultimate destination.

today, help me ban trophy hunting worldwide.
the US & the UN are working on this already and some countries have banned this brutality.

go to one of the websites and sign the petition

change.org
is one of them.

then we'll work on our menus.

Photobucket

1 comment:


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.