Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Last Conversation About Eating Right

I don't often talk about cooking on my blog, 
even though I love to cook 
and give dinner parties.

but, the actual fact is that I live alone now and don't have a big
entertain-at-home agenda going on.

however, that doesn't mean I'm not concerned about 
LOSING WEIGHT,
BEING FIT, 
& EATING RIGHT.

Recipe


in keeping with these thoughts I ran across a 
LONG LONG ARTICLE
about EATING RIGHT on GRUB STREET

& put it aside until you have time to read it as it's really interesting.

Also, a new, highly anticipated book



written by the  American Mother/Daughter team
who re-located to France


you can read about it on Amazon HERE

& in anticipation of my Amalfi Coast holiday I began a new regime for weight loss.

No Meat
No Dairy
which means no dairy products, yes even cheese.

fresh everything

my new favorite thing is ZUCCHINI PASTA
I actually enjoy this dish and it has ZERO CALORIES.
I put fresh cherry tomatoes, green onions, the best olive oil,
and toasted pine nuts, parsley or any green leafy veggie.
just saute it all, takes about 6 minutes.

and NO WHITE FOOD
BREAD
POTATOES
RICE
PASTA

it's working, I'm down about 10 pounds in a month
without doing anything else.
SERIOUSLY !

let me know what you think, please.
always super interested in hearing from each one of you.

3 comments:

  1. I need to start eating at home more - it is so much better for you. Thank you for sharing this :)

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have been doing the Pritikin Health and Fitness program for a couple months now. They emphasize this being a lifestyle and not just a diet and it is working for us. Because my husband has a history of heart disease, we are doing low to no sodium along with our plant based, no animal protein diet. Doing without sugar and the whites has helped my pain level due to spinal stenosis. We are spending 5 mornings a week at the gym and losing weight while feeling so much better. So proud of your weight loss and know you will not only look great but feel "ma'va'lus" on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for my copy of this book. Congratulation on the 10 pound weight loss. I have to be honest, I could never cut out dairy, or sugar. I have learned over the years that what works for me is moderation of whatever I like. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.