Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mon Dieu!







Don't think just because I was in the hill country of Texas for a few days
that I didn't pay attention to what's happening around the world.


On the contrary, we Texans have opinions on everything, sometimes even
when we don't know what we're talking about.

Nevermind that.

Didn't I tell you Dominique Strauss-Kahn was unjustly charged by the brilliance of the NYPD
& dragged through the mud by our media?  
I mean, tell me what man would have lunch with his daughter, go back to his hotel
and grab his bags to take a cab to Kennedy airport for a flight to Paris and then on
to Brussels...but ALL he had on his mind was sex with a housekeeper?

The Casey Anthony trial.  I didn't see one bit of evidence to prove that woman
killed her child.  I think the entire Anthony family, especially that George, are delusional misfits.
I actually BELIEVE what Jose Baez said happened.

President Obama has spent more $$ in 28 months than George W. spent in
his entire presidency. Even considering W had to deal with 9/11, Hurricane Katrina,
Afghanistan, & Iraq.    And what has Mr. O accomplished?   Nothing good.  Oh, but
wait...he caused the NEW obligatory insurance program to happen.

And, last, but certainly not least...we hop over to Paris for Couture week.




@ Dior
The house's first show sans creative director John Galliano was predictably, a bit uneven. 
The supreme confidence and polish 
(more like a few layers of lacquer)
 that governed Galliano's aesthetic at Dior 
will naturally be 
rethought, reworked, and reinterpreted by whoever comes next.

 For the moment, the much-liked Bill Gaytten 
has taken the creative reins at both Dior and John Galliano.

 The master's longtime protegée is no Sarah Burton—
he is more prone to a sassy shake-up than a quiet, thoughtful evolution.
 Which is all well and good—if the clothes look sublime.
They didn't !
The first thought: Eighties! 
(Pastels, the black and white, the general boxiness.) 

The next: Architecture!  (Not of the Costa variety, unfortunately.)

 While some of the quote-unquote day pieces may sell,  
will the Dior couture client signing up for those ruffled, micropleated evening looks? 




I actually wish the house had accepted John Galliano's apology and
asked him to go to therapy for his problems.  He is a genius and our genius's
sometimes go off their rocker for awhile, especially when driven so hard by
the bottom line of a corporation.

And, Georgio Armani's show was hideous as well.


OK, the rant is finished for this week.
And, the good news...


As my daughter & I were driving back to Houston 
we saw a truly amazing sight...
just about 300 yards from I 10, only 50 miles
outside of Houston, we saw these guys happily grazing in
someone's beautiful pasture.
An entire family of Elk.


Beautiful. 







Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Ditto!!!! We miss George W! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - thought Dior was unfortunate. However, did you see Giambattista Valli - now there was a magnificent show!! Just gorgeous couture!! I don't think I've ever seen an elk in real life!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! gorgeous animals those Elks! that must have been somethin' to see!!!!!!!

    In regards to the shows, I was just looking at the entire collection (since i read your post and got really curious) and you are so right, not good =( they are going to have to find a new path now, and they'd better find it pronto. luv xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree re Galliano.

    I'd love to have seen a family of elks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree re Galliano.

    I'd love to see a family of elks xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, each of them mean so much to me. After all, the interaction is the reason we blog. xx's