Monday, December 5, 2011

Some Enchanted Evening....


Every now & then we receive an invitation to someone's home
which seems like a gift within itself.
I mean, think of it...being invited into the home of friends
during the Christmas holidays is pure joy, isn't it?


And exciting !





These little twinkling lights represent exactly how I feel.
Happiness.


Today, ALL of the women of "By Invitation Only"
will be attending a virtual Christmas Party...the inaugural party in
the splendid new home of Tina @ THE ENCHANTED HOME.


Set the stage:  Party to be December 23rd, the absolute best
time for a beautiful Christmas event.  The dress is formal. The night is
snowy, the music is playing, champagne is being passed around.






& all of us finally get to meet each other personally !!!
so it is a HUGE BIG EVENT !!




Those of you who follow Tina's beautiful blog already know how sumptuous her new home is,
it requires "dressing UP."


each of us have the same post going on today.
what on Earth will we wear to this party ?





well immediately I was drawn to this gorgeous Giles Deacon red dress



or this Giorgio Armani
but, no...they were too spectacular and would call attention to me, the guest,
when I wanted our hostess to have all the glory, as she should.


So I went to my closet & found a little black dress from 2010, and I knew
it was perfect.
Long sleeved, high-necked, lining to the floor.
But after that I changed a few things from what I would normally wear...
in honor of the Christmas season I had to have RED...red earrings (my own design), 
red handbag, and nice little red leggings stopping just at the top of those D&G lace booties.
And, do I LOVE those booties !
Then the feathered headband just had to be added, the outfit wasn't complete
without it.









Can I tell you how much I've been looking forward to this post?
Getting to see, at the same time as our readers, what each one of us has chosen to wear.   
You know, most of the time we blog about interiors,
our hobbies, our children, our holidays/vacations, and lifestyle issues.

We almost never get to see the "real" woman behind the blog, even though we "know"
her through her words.  


This might be a fantasy post, however, I believe each of us will
choose something we really like and something we would actually wear to an event like this.

Do you know how much someone's fashion style says about them?
Volumes.

And, finally, we had to choose a Hostess Gift for Tina.
A gift for the woman who truly does have everything.


Once again, I went through a list of lovely little gifts,
in fact, I will devote a post to this later this week, but nothing seemed to hit the spot
until I saw this necklace, which is a part of a collection we did a few years ago.

A long hand-beaded chain of 14k Goldfilled wire
& Chalcedony rondelles, a hammered gold horseshoe element,
with a large Chalcedony pendant.

I will put it in a little red velvet pouch, and wrap it
like Sande @ A Gift-Wrapped Life would do.



Along with welcoming all our readers from around the world,
 I wanted to bring
something important to everyone's attention...
one of our original members,
Yvonne @ StoneGable
 said good-bye to blogging in her post today.
I adore Yvonne & I will miss her emails and her posts.
However, she is to be congratulated for having the courage of her convictions,
making a return to her teaching and speaking engagements on behalf of our Lord.
She said she must follow her heart.


Perhaps, Yvonne has brought up a valuable point for all of us to remember,
especially now at our holiday season and the celebration of Jesus's birth.


Have a splendid & merry Christmas-time.



Members of "BIO" please link up below








Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

33 comments:

  1. What a wonderful evening it will be - can't wait!! Sorry we won't be enjoying Yvonne's lovely posts any more but I wish her the best of luck in her new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Marsha.... You 'look' sensational.... Thank you for including me in this fun series this year... I have loved every post.... xv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already extended an invitation to Diane Dorrins Saeks who may join us for January's post. She did a splendid post of Dode Rosekrans possessions and home today. I will miss Yvonne, personally, we seemed to have a sympatico somehow. Her husband is a doctor and her youngest son is a youth minister, so she definitely has a calling, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha,
    Before I turn in I just wanted to tell you how much fun this was. Boy oh boy I didn't think I would have a post to share but Fifi really lit a fire under me. I love what you're wearing...so glamorous.
    Thanks again for the invite.
    Xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a truly lovely - and enchanted - time.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,yes...........it would be very fabulous evening!!!
    I like you collage with all black and red,it speaks me so much:-)))*
    And you nacklace from the old collection is a one of the most beautiful piece!

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well first you look smashing!!!!!!!! Seriously gorgeous, wow, you will stop all the men in their tracks. Second, I love my gift, thank you...I will wear it and always think of my ravishing red haired glamorous friend who knows how to plan one heck of a soireee:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What WOULD I give TIna if I were invited? That would take me the next 19 days to figure out - you are a great gift giver - perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your choices, Marsha, and I know you will look beautiful in them. Those D&G lace booties could be the most beautiful shoes I have ever seen! Have a wonderful soiree.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Marsha, I love your post, specially the red dress...stunning.
    I cannot link myself in your list. Can you make it for me??

    Hugs and Marry Christmas to you

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Marsha,
    I made it, a little late, but I'm here.
    You look sensational Marsha!! What a fun party this one has been, thank you for organising everything. Next time, it has to be the real thing!

    Don't worry, I'm not wearing Queen Victoria's dress, I just love the detail in the skirt and that waistline!!!! Oh to have my little waistline back again.

    It's just past midnight here in Australia and I had to do this post before going to bed, Sweet dreams to you and everyone.
    Sending lots of love,
    xxxxxxxx Coty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Vicki of French Essence sent me over. Love your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...............I think I partied too hard and must remove my frock and get these feathers and ribbons out of my hair! But it was an absolutely fun and festive event Marsha........thank you for inviting me. Much love XO
    Can't seem to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Marsha! Just perfect! You will look stunning and glamorous! As I expected!

    Thank you for all your effort to organize this event!

    CHEERS!
    xxxkarin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for having me! This was the most fun one to do!!!! Love you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stylish event...You look ravishing as do all the others. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marsha, this is one of the prettiest post I've ever seen. You inspire upward and onward.

    Have a beautiful holiday season.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the magic of imagination.Mine is whirling and dancing,stopping a moment on this idea,that thought...you have opened the door to a dream world,of light,lovely sound,laughter and yes deep kindness.In my imagination,I enter the party in a sexy tuxedo,dance the night away in a spangled Flapper dress and leave as the sun peeps over the horizon in a blue chiffon creation(think Grace Kelly in To Catch A Thief")My companions and I have dined on superb food and excellent Champagne.The dancing has brought back our hunger and we are off to enjoy scrambled eggs,in a seaside cafe.Such a marvelous dream.Oh yes and I did all this in 6"stilletos!!Merry Xmas to all and peace,health and joy are my gift for each of you in 2012.OXO Jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Marsha... I am having the best time reading your and all the other posts about dear Tina and her event! Sigh of pleasure from across the ocean.. I am dreaming of my outfit now...blissfully happy to be lost in an enchanted home...

    Hugs

    Veronica
    zzz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Marsha,
    Oh my what is this fun!! Loved writing this post really!!

    Marsha, the dress of Giles Deacon is my favorite!! Oh so beautiful!!
    I wished this party was for real!!
    Hugs,
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!
    I love the red dress.. and also think the black number is divine. You will look amazing!

    My post is finally up and I hope it looks ok.

    Thank you so much for the inspiration for this post.

    Love you lots

    xx Charlotta
    Space for Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for such a fun party! How you ever pulled off changing three times into those cool dresses, I'll never know! How are your feet after the lace booties? I suspect you have a massage on order for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just fabulous Marsha...wish we were doing this for real! Loved the idea so much.
    hugs & xxx DJ

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Marsha...What a gorgeous party...and no calories just pure fun. Came here from Tina's blog. Love your lacey shoes! So glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo, la, la! (wrist to the brow...) The most elegant, enchanting and splendid evening has been more magical than expected...the dawn is a mere few hours off and I must settle in as tomorrow is my birthday...
    I close my eyes and re-invision tonight's fete in Tina's chateau nouveau, the most elegant women, gathered together to share a glittery, girly and most glamourous holiday fete...
    Merci, Marsha and Tina for this Splenderosa moment...bonsoir!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great playlist meant the party went with a swing. Now must take off my heels and rest my aching feet

    ReplyDelete
  27. Marsha,

    This was the most, most, most fun. You are brilliant. And you did look gorgeous, everyone said so. And your gift!

    I'm slightly embarrassed, I didn't see the "formal" part on my invitation. Was completely underdressed. . . Woe is me.

    Lots of love,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marsha - This is just beautiful! So evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marsha,
    That Red dress is gorgeous, the house looks so River Oaks.

    I love the gift to Yvonne, a wonderful way to say Good Luck, as we all wish for her.
    A brilliant post.. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you, Yvonne.
    The house IS in River Oaks (in Houston) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ms. Splenderosa! I see your party - all over blog land! Well done!!!!

    You have great style and your red earrings are stunning!!!! The whole attire is do die for!

    I am so busy shipping mouse boxes (!) to the left and the right so I have had no time for blog land. Will be coming up for air soon...

    I have a real picture of Tina in my latest blog post. She is beautiful! But for some reason I thought she had dark hair!

    Warm hugs,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  32. these shoes....love them..have to have them ...
    margret from tablesdeparis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.