Thursday, January 5, 2012

Diet





Isn't this the most awful 4-letter word ?

And, one with which I've lived most of my life.  I mean, I don't think there has been a time
when I didn't that I was "fat" or needing to lose weight.  The stigma of being female in the USA.

But, now in 2012 I must seriously DIET.
After losing a few pounds (more than a few) I need to workout.
Remember that from my New Years Day list?

So, today is Day 4 of the modified Atkins diet, the ONLY one which actually
produces results for me.  I guess the reason is that I love pasta, so only by giving up
TOTALLY & COMPLETELY
all white carbs
can I lose weight.
No white carbs, no sugar.

I'm eating a proper breakfast, which will include fruits of any kind.
Then a small snack, white cheeses or Laughing Cow, Wheat Thins.
Then lunch of proteins & salads & flaxseed, lots of fluids.
Another small snack (chicken broth, whole wheat bread or crackers).
Dinner is a little soup, chicken or fish, veggies (cooked in the microwave with NO water).
Small snack or some kind of sweet thing for dessert (but without sugar or carbs).

I crave carbs for a few days.  It's awful.  But if I make it the 1st few days it becomes easy then.

I'm drinking Minute Maid Light Lemonade by the gallon - 5 calories.

Losing the weight is important to me because my new home has a ton of mirrors,
and it is awful to see yourself so much and not like what you see, you know?

Also, I have closets of designer outfits I can no longer wear because they just
don't fit the proper way.  I'm not ready to give them up.

Wish me luck, cheer me on...I'm doing this for ME ONLY.  ME.

If I'm successful by Spring I'm going to NYC to meet Francine Gardner & to see
my girlfriend, Claudia Faris, whom I adore.  She & Francine would make great friends.
Perhaps Stacey of Quintessence would come in for lunch one day?
So, you see, all the sacrifice would be properly rewarded wouldn't it?

xx's







Photobucket