hop over to Marsha's new web shop, lots of goodies for you & the holidays

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Little New Baby Grand-Son

my daughter, Vanessa,  just sent this to me, the 8-weeks-old photo.
William Colton Harris
aka Colt

look at those eyes !

she's always wanted to be a mother, she loves babies,
so now she has everything she ever wanted, 
a wonderful husband, William, and this little angel,
and a whole lot of people who love them all.

she is nothing like me, she's a stay-at-home in the USA girl,
loves the country life, doesn't like sequins or glitter on anything,
wears boots & hats & jeans,
loves country music & musicians,
honky-tonks & shooting pool.

but is refined, elegant and very very funny,
a corporate executive spa consultant/designer,  who has retired (forever, I think),
& is enjoying the simple life.

she turned down getting married in Sorrento to
getting married in Gruene, Texas in a big white tent.

I love her, but you knew that, didn't you?

love from Lake Como, my friends...


  1. Congratulations and best wishes on your grandson!!!!!

  2. Congratulations on your new grandson Marsha. Your daughter sounds like a great gal. I love the simple life too.

  3. Aww he is just gorgeous! Congratulations, you must be so happy! :)


  4. Marsha, Congratulations on your new grandson! He is beautiful!

    Have a great time in Italy! Looking forward to more photos.

  5. Congratulations on your new beautiful grandson - Looking forward to seeing more photo's.
    Have a great week.

  6. Congratulations and enjoy your new grandson!

  7. Congratulations, Marsha!!! I know you must be a proud mama and grandma! Enjoy the rest of your time in Italy (you lucky girl!) xoxo

  8. Marsha-
    CONGRATULATIONS!! I know that you are in Heaven right now!
    I will have to come back, because I can't see his gorgeous picture.
    Happy Wednesday.

  9. Marsha,my dear,dear friend!

    How beautiful is you daughter and you grand son........:)*

    You feelings about you daugher is so wonderful I understand you so very well!!!

    Have a joy and much pleasure there....:)))*

    Love you and hugs from me,

  10. Congratulations Marsha - such exciting news. Love you F xx

  11. Hi Marsha!

    Being a grandmother is not overrated!

    And what a tribute to you as a mother that she has become HERSELF; as opposed to what was maybe "expected" of her........You allowed her to find her place!


    And I know you will be an A+++ "grandmother"! I have 7! Joys of my life; all of them!!

    Lordy!! All but one is now taller than I am......(I am 5'8")

    Total joy.......all of them!!

    5 of them live within a mile.......(now)!!

    What a lovely trip! love this powder room!!



Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, each of them mean so much to me. After all, the interaction is the reason we blog. xx's