Monday, December 2, 2013

It's A Christmas Party @ "BY INVITATION ONLY"





This month our beautiful Tina of The Enchanted Home chose the topic.

A CHRISTMAS PARTY

all of our ideas, fancy or casual, outfits & drinks, menu & music.





WELCOME   EVERYONE 
to our festive & casual 
Christmas Party

(let me tell you it was all I could do not to make this the
ugliest Christmas sweater theme).


the music you hear playing right now is the music which will be played that night,
the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy as people enter the courtyard...
I know it's sappy, but I love it.




now that there are grandchildren abounding the decorations are changing this year,
we will be doing lots of pine boughs and RED RED RED.

putting a real Christmas tree, a really tall one, outside which I'll cover with waterproof RED ribbons cascading down from the top,
hanging all kinds of waterproof decorations that the children can take off and take home with them.



& believe it or not, I've actually found these little lanterns which will line each side of
the front walkway from the driveway to the covered porch...do you love them as much as I do?
$4 each, what a deal !

& at the local markets they have these poinsettia TREES!
swoon.

imagine how many of these we could use, and then imagine how many I can actually buy.



we will be having a buffet in the dining room, desserts in the breakfast room...
this will be the same kinds of foods I always serve, knowing from past
experiences what the guests actually like.

desserts are my favorite thing to do.
a big display, with towering glass cake stands of various heights,
and little bites of yummies to just pick up.

the bar will have red & white wines and Sofia champagne from Frances Ford Coppola.

the drink of the party will probably be this


Raspberry Negroni

we are actually having this party at home on December 22, Sunday before Christmas,
so this is sort of the dress rehearsal...

then, of course, there is the problem of what to wear !

should I wear RED?








or go for something more understated?


perfect for a casual Christmas, non?








upon their departure all the guests will receive a little favor...
maybe a special Christmas ornament, or some home-made candies in a beautiful box...
I love people to have something to take home with them.




& afterward





please join each of the members who have posted today.
it is a very busy time for everyone 
& it takes a remarkable amount of creativity and love
to do these posts, therefore, your visits mean so much.

the list of posts, all linked in with mine, is shown below.


Happy Holidays, everyone !!


& don't forget to shop @  Splenderosa.com
for beautiful fashion jewelry & handbags


Photobucket

46 comments:

  1. Shall forever associate the Nutcracker (and the dance of the sugar plum fairy of course) with Christmas…and I don't care a jot how corny it is either! Love the notion of having a huge tree decorated simply with red - and really, shouldn't Christmas be all about the children anyway??? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, this year, it's the only way I can do it. Forget the gold, silver, opulence, elegance...just go for the sheer magic!

      Delete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    Que de belles décorations !... La fête bat son plein... champagne aux framboises, hum !... J'aime ça.
    et le toutou qui se repose, je l'envie aussi !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dance of the sugar plum fairy, it just wouldn't be Christmas without the Nutcracker! This sounds like it is going to be an amazing Christmas party, beautiful post!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no other post on my Internet that I love more than yours Splenderosa! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, you have just simply made my day!
      Thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. xxxxxxxxxxx I will be there soon .... I'm just leaving work now and rushing home to get dressed for your gorgeous Christmas party Marsha. See you soon! x Coty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect !!!
      The party goes on till all hours.....

      Delete
  6. I'm still waiting for my invitation Marsha ….. it must have got lost in the post !!!! haha
    What a beautiful cocktail party and everything done to perfection ….. and, I love the red colour scheme. The perfect start to Christmas. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post, as always Marsha...and oh, yes, you should definitely wear red...a wonderful start to the festive season...let's party! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow sounds like one perfect party!! I love all the details and how you will glam it up too. Beautiful details...may I come:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be a wonderful, warm, festive party Marsha…. and I just love the idea of the kids taking home an ornament from your tree. Happy Holidays
    Much love, francine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Marsha

    What a party you offer....I will be there. Save me one of those cocktails and I suggest you wear red.

    Thanks for a delightful uplifting post

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so beautiful post, yes right christmas without the Nutcracker! This sounds like it is going to be an amazing Christmas party.
    http://www.journeymart.com/holidays-ideas/festivals/christmas.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I want to come to this party! Even though I am shy but this just looks like so much fun and simple good times. I can't wait to see what else everyone has come up with. Thank you, Tina, for such a great topic--my apologies that I strayed a bit--I can't help it! :)
    And dear Marsha, of course you should wear red. We all should!!
    Gros Bisous from Provence,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had an invite to this party but perhaps I could sneak in when nobodies looking. This sounds like my sort of party Everyone would be enjoying themselves so much. and you should wear red..

    ReplyDelete
  14. CHARMING - SPARKLING - ENCHANTING - INSPIRING - ....what else can I say, dearest Marsha! Running out with words (...and time....). Just simply lovely and - it does brings me a bit in the Christmas mood! Thank you for such a beautiful post!
    And - also thank you very much for bringing all of us together every month during the whole year! Well done, Dear!
    CHEERS to you!
    xxxkarin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marsha, your party will be fabulous!! I love those lanterns and the poinsettia trees too. What lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to come to your party-) Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelena, will you become a part of this group in the New Year?
      xx's

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Lisa, I know, I read, it's wonderful. Thank you X10!

      Delete
  18. Marsha, the red dress is fabulous! Isn't it wonderful to experience the magic of Christmas through your grand children's' eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous post Marsha! That red dress is a head turner to say the least...love the music! I'd love to be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an absolutely lovely party! I can't wait to hear about the real one after it happens!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marsha, I'm still in my PJs and sipping coffee but I feel like I've been around the world to so many fabulous parties. Thanks to you and your fellow bloggers for making my morning festive. Love your magical bash! What fun! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All girls love to dress up and go to parties, don't they?
      xx's

      Delete
    2. Actually Marsha, lovely Jeanne would be such a wonderful addition to our group for 2014!!!! What do you think?

      Delete
  22. Thank you Marsha for hosting this wonderful party for us all

    Sharon

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. And those drinks!

    Yes, go red! (I never dare, though I surround myself in red.) You would be stunning. And we want pictures after please...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Dear Marsha! A big thank you hug for hosting us every month and all the fun it provides xxxx The enchantment you have provided for a party is just a treat!!!! That red dress would be a winner in my book for sure...so, lifting a glass to you from across the ocean and wishing you a splendid month of December filled with happiness and precious precious memeories....

    Sending lotsa love

    Veronica
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Red! Red! Red! Great party!

    hugs,
    p.s. would you girls please consider inviting me to your "by invitation only" group? i blog ... and i paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Red! Red! Red! Great party!

    hugs,
    p.s. would you girls please consider inviting me to your "by invitation only" group? i blog ... and i paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whenever in doubt wear red! Make this saying yours - I'm sure you would look sassy!
    I'm already enjoying champagne with a raspberry .A beautiful post, amazing how you still can top yourself every time.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great party! Love those photos! xo Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh what a party!!! I am so excited, I love parties! Thank you for the invite!
    www.blog.mrsjonesandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Marsha

    You and your group never dissapoint! If only I could attend all of your soirees!! I love the tired pup....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, you know dogs will always be around me. I would be right there on the floor with that puppy.

      Delete
  31. Fabulous party Marsha...Not surprised that we shared an image...we have a lot in common...just trying to hold it all together here right now...I know you understand! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous and very festive, Marsha! Very timely as we are decorating our home all this week. And how divine are those poinsettia trees??!! I need a pair to welcome guests.
    Cheers,
    Loi
    PS - Of course you should wear red! And then change into black just before dinner :) Voila!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, Loi, I knew I needed you in my life !!!
      xx's

      Delete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.