Thursday, October 2, 2014

Do We Still Think We Are As Cute & Wonderful as We Used To Be?

of course, this could apply to anyone over 30 couldn't it?

I find myself singing (totally out of tune) to the best songs the world has ever know,
like Sheena Easton's "The Nearness of You" right now as I'm typing this post for you.

It doesn't matter if I can't sing.  Actually, I've never been able to sing well.
But, you know, there is a moment in a life of young women when we all sing at the top of our voices to music with which we identify.  All of us do this.  Worldwide.



and if someone reading this doesn't know every single word of "Dancing Queen" you are
reading the wrong blog.

WE were the dancing queens weren't we?

And, as I sit here at 3:21AM typing this out, it seems imperative to share this with you.

All of us who "were" and who are now "not."
But, we are the same women, we have the same thoughts, we just are not as totally graceful
and perfectly en pointe as we used to be.
But, we are the same women anyway.

I couldn't sing, but God almighty, I could dance.
I could dance all night long.
And I did for 100's of nights, worldwide.

I did it because I loved it, it was a total escape, I was me.
My husband love dancing, although he was completely elegant he never really
managed to be a brilliant dancer...why? 
Because he watched his partner.

And, that was so much fun,

Are you remembering?
I'm listening to the music playing on my Splenderose blog,
each tract chosen by me and me alone,
chosen with care and thoughtfulness, 
but mostly chosen because I love those tracts so much.



 You can dance, you can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh see that girl, watch that scene
Diggin' the dancing queen


Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for a place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king


Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance

And when you get the chance

You are the dancing queen
Young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat
From the tambourine, oh yeah

You can dance, you can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh see that girl, watch that scene
Diggin' the dancing queen


You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave 'em burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance




do you still wanna dance?
get your high high heels on and be that lady in red?

I do, but I just don't anymore.
oh, but those memories.....




 


Photobucket