Saturday, October 4, 2014

Flawless...& Flawed



but, seriously guys, what does this photograph say to you?
taken at New York Fashion Week recently

Giovanna Battaglia, who just turned 35,  is flawless, as always.

but WTF does Anna, who is 52,  think she is doing?
she calmed down for awhile, but must have lost lots of publicity,
so now she's back at it...
a fashion person who got everything about this wrong.

dress is too young for her
dress is too short for her
actually, maybe the dress is too small for her.
the coat?
the apres ski boots?
& that hair !!   her hair is the worst of it, in my opinion.

to read more about Anna Dello Russo go here
to wikipedia

to read more about Giovanna go here





Giovanna from the back.
imagine having to deal with this everytime you go out.

September 2013


now now don't go thinking I'm a mean person,
Anna must be a lovely woman and good friend of Giovanna's as they are often photographed together.

it's not HER I'm criticising, it's her attire.

& she still has one of the world's best jobs, so she must have a brilliant,
creative mind.




any comments?

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I agree . I'm baffled by what some people think is fashion. To each his /her own, but she certainly doesn't look attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Attractive is the goal.....isn't it? what else is there? It is absurd to have anything else as a goal of women's fashion.....

      Then there are "fashion Victims"!!! They are prey.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you said "WTF"??!!! That did make me smile ;)

    Not sure what to make of Anna, I don't get her at all....maybe we are used to these kind of "eccentrics" here in Britain! Giovanna is beautiful & so stylish, I'm surprised that she is only 35 though, I assumed she was older.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes WTF is THE only thing to say, isn't it?
      I thought Giovanna was older too. I think it's because she is totally au naturale, oui?

      Delete
  3. a more flattering hair style would do wonders for Anna. 52 is a bit long in the tooth for the Alice-in-Wonderland look, whatever one's Vogue credentials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practically the only thing I like.....as years go on.....about Anna....is her haircut....style.....whatever. She discovered at 17 or something.....her hair style /cut and at 60 whatever.....still has it. It looks GREAT to me....and it shows courage and STYLE to me to stick with it.
      Just my opinion!

      Penelope

      Delete
  4. There is one word; and you nailed it! Spendarosa! It is inappropriate! Actually; to take it further....it is inappropriate at ANY age! There is nothing chic or fashionable...nor appealing about that outfit.

    Glamour magazine had the most wonderful page......(40 years ago or something)!

    "ins" and "outs"!

    This would rate as an "out" if she were 15 or 52! There are just some "misses?!

    And I don't think age in this case at least, has anything to do with it!

    Bravo! What a great eye you have! We are so lucky to have you scanning!!

    and there isn't a hint of "mean" in your analysis! "Just the facts; Ma'am"!
    A terrific learning experience for all of us!~

    Thank you for your magnificent and illuminating posts!

    XXOO

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Glamour "Don't"s. Yes, she is a walking, talking Don't.

      Delete
    2. Exactly....you remember!!

      Delete
    3. Delighted that you remember! and delighted you agree!

      Penelope

      Delete
  5. OH! I forgot to add....yes.....long hair after 45...maybe 50 just looks sad to me. It looks like we stopped off a broom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually typed "stepped" and autocorrect thought it knew better!

      "stepped off a broom" is what I meant to say! Tah Dah!!

      Delete
  6. Giovanna looks always very stylish!
    Anna I think try to challenging the fashion world.....and it's her style. Not always with a big taste:(*

    Xx,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! How long do you think she will last?

    I wonder!

    P

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.