Wednesday, November 26, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF US AMERICANS




we are having Rock Cornish Game Hens, 1 per person, stuffed with Wild Rice Dressing.

of course, there is the traditional huge turkey with
 Marsha's Own Homemade Yellow Cornbread Dressing with Apples & Water Chestnuts 
(to give a bit of crunch) 
& some Pecans

the wines for Thanksgiving are always the most difficult as there are so many
different requirements for the different guests.
but I prefer, for myself, a very heavy red, with loads of sweetness...
while most of my girlfriends prefer the crispness of the whites.

the men prefer hard liquours, and it is at this time when the
Whiskey Sours
make their winter debut.

one of my uncles makes his trademark cocktails
and even if you hate whiskey you will love this !!


give thanks for ALL
bless everyone
& have a really wonderful day.

Go University of Texas Longhorns !!
(in honor of my departed husband, Ned Scott)





Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect holiday you will be having Marsha and the menu sounds yummy! Thank you for your blog and friendship...wishing you a Happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the holiday wishes Marsha. Although a naturalized American (and still very British!) I do enjoy sharing this special holiday with family and friends. In England only 'harvest festival' comes close, but the turkey never appeared until Christmas dinner!!!

    Enjoy each moment.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Your Marsha's homemade dressing sounds awesome! blessings, Celia M. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Marsha and your lovely family and dogs
    A Happy Thanksgiving to you and my special thoughts today
    sending fond love
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely menu and a lovely photo!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Accidental Icon
    http://www.accidentalicon.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha,

    Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope that you were surrounded with family and friends and enjoying all manner of tasty treats.

    Thank you for sharing your beauty and friendship with us!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    P.S:

    Clearly I missed a post because I was not aware that your husband had passed away. Please accept my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dear Marsha! The Happiest of Thanksgivings to you! And go Texas Longhorns!! xxRié

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for following, marsha. loving the beautiful christmas music here! happy thanksgiving, and a festive cyber cheers as i clink your glass of red. peace to you.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.