Friday, November 21, 2014

THE NEW MONOCHROMATIC

VIKTOR & ROLF 
 




Emporio Armani Fall 2014




Ralph Lauren
who wouldn't LOVE this ?



Ralph Lauren


to me, these looks are the quintessential fashion looks one
aspires to reach.

I seriously do not care for the mix/match (except for Dries Von Noten)
the young women seem to favor.

and, anyone who reads this column frequently already knows, jeans
are not my cup of tea.

cute, fun, OK, alright,
but still not my 1st choice at any time.
jeans with a fabulous blouse makes me think one forgot the bottom half of the outfit.
jeans with a beautiful cashmere sweater makes me think you are disrespecting your
apparel.

anyway, the monochromatic looks are the ones I favor and always have.
is this an age thing?
have I lost it?

no and no


sending love and kisses for the beginning of the holiday season.



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. The grey Armani suit is so my thing. if i could i would wear Armani all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and to me its ageless....I have always loved this look even when I was 22, it is classically elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink wrap top brings warm and cozy thoughts on a cold morning. Agreed that classic and clean lines are best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monochromatic dressing is always sophisticated, especially in pink or white! Lovely outfits! And the scalloped linen jacket,oh my! All the best, Rié

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you are 5ft2" as I am it is the only way to go.
    Annie v.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful , love the pink one. Marsha, I got such a nasty commment from a Hate American women.
    How can I delete it? Happy Thanksgiving. Stat warm, cold as a witches T-- here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cara Marsha,

    elegantissimo il completo grigio nella prima foto e il completo bianco nell'ultima foto; semplici e chic per una eleganza impareggiabile! Baci da Roma

    elegant gray suit In the first picture and the white suit last picture; simple and chic for an unmatched elegance
    Kisses from Rome

    ReplyDelete
  8. No you have not lost it! I follow a lot of the "younger look" blogs and this Fall many of them are extolling the virtues of monochrome. It seems like they have found out what some of us have known for years: monochrome is elegant, simple, easy, always flattering and now apparently "hip and modern". I think it has to do with the Fall palette this year; lots of pinks, whites and greys, as you show above really beautiful in monochrome looks. Great post!
    Accidental Icon
    http://www.accidentalicon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look too, so classic. Love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you - monochromatic is so chic - and especially in any shade of grey. The V&R dress is awesome. Love Armani - that pantsuit would win me over any type of jeans, particularly ripped versions which you'd never catch me in, haha!

    RL's whites are OK but the pants fabric is rather thin and see-through - don't like being able to see the pockets/fly etc.

    Lovely post - thanks for sharing.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.