hop over to Marsha's new web shop, lots of goodies for you & the holidays

Wednesday, October 21, 2015



hi everyone...
  something caused my attention to wander to little girl's clothing this afternoon.

probably because of my 5-year old granddaughter, Archer,
who is a fashionista in her own right already.

casting around for Christmas gift ideas I, naturally, looked into what Sak's 5th Avenue
had to offer.  

Me & Mini-Me

this is an actual Dolce & Gabbana photo, but you can already see where I'm going with this.

the little girl's dress is somewhere around $675.00

of course, it's silk, it's beautiful, and it would only be worn for about 1 year the way children grow.

G-Mommie does not have this in her Christmas budget this year.

but, you ask, "what if I could get a copy of almost the same dress?"

for about $75.00
& less for some styles probably.

it's pretty too, it's cotton, has a lining and is really adorable.
it does not, however, have seams which match perfectly as the original does,
& it has a zipper instead of bound buttonholes.

& just fyi, there are about 50 pieces in the children's collection so I'm certain
there are many more darling delightful D&G takeoffs.

would you buy a copy or a similar version?
not because it's DESIGNER, but because it's just so adorable?

I would.
& if you say yes, I'm going to find them for all of us.
in sizes 2T - 6 most likely, because after that the girls want to choose their own apparel, don't they?

your's in shopping.....



  1. I want the grown-up dress!!!



  2. I love the D&G line! I think Helen looks fabulous in it!

  3. Yes! That raincoat reminds me of my granddaughter she loves pink and flowers!

  4. Darling! Oh to have a granddaughter to buy dresses for.
    Hope all is well. I haven't heard back from you

  5. My response is a resounding YES! I would love to buy darling dresses like this for my daughter!


Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, each of them mean so much to me. After all, the interaction is the reason we blog. xx's