Sunday, November 22, 2015

"By Invitation Only" for NOVEMBER, A Fantasy Dinner Party

International Blog Party
we are a bit off schedule because of the holiday season's arrival,
& we wanted to celebrate along with all of our readers....
so...
the fearless leader thought it would be FUN to once again host a
FANTASY DINNER PARTY !!!
there were ONLY 2 rules...
cannot invite anyone in your own family, except your partner, of course,
& we cannot invite Jesus (that's just too easy, isn't it?)
so, we are to invite TEN 10 INDIVIDUALS,
living or dead,
real or fantasy.
for me, there are 2 people who are always invited, they are at every table I set because they would add so much to the conversation, I think, and they are iconic figures...
this year some of the invitees are quite different than they were 4-5 years ago when we did
this same post.  of course, they would be different as so much has happened.
but, each one of them is much admired and invited because they each bring something
different to the table.
MATT DAMON
AMAL CLOONEY
MICHAEL WEISS (political commentator)
OLIVIA POPE
FRANCOIS HOLLANDE
GRACE CODDINGTON
CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
JANE FONDA
MARK CUBAN
TINA (of the Enchanted Home)
BOB DYLAN (always)
KING ARTHUR (always)
I would have invited Peter O'Toole also,
can you even imagine a more gifted conversationalist?
& look up Michael Weiss, he's brilliant.
please click over to join the ladies who have posted with us today,
just scroll down and you will find a clickable icon to go to their posts.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE !!!
I'm in the hill country of Texas with my daughter, Vanessa, & her family for a few days.
My little grandson, Colt Harris is a little over 2 years & he's a complete pistol!!!
So we have 5 dogs, 2 2-year olds, and the adults for an early Thanksgiving.
They are all going out of town to visit faraway family members & I'll be back in
Houston to Thanksgiving AGAIN with my friends & family there.
love to all

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I think I would have to include Sean Connery as well. You all know how very interesting he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francois Hollande? Why him? I heard he is a good conversationalist, but I don't think this is the reason you chosed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I get to come...sooo excited!! What fun it will be, love your list but can you sit me next to Grace and Mark Cuban? Both fascinating people though I am a big fan of Matt Damon too.....great list. I love your holiday music too puts me in the mood for the holidays, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id be willing to serve as staff for that dinner! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WILL BE THE PHOTOGRAPHER..........................WHAT A CREW!
    HAPPY DAYS TO YOU as we work our way up to the HOLIDAYS once again!
    I need your HELP to connect to the GROUP!Hoping you can do so from your GETAWAY SPOT!
    Off I go to read and see who the other participants are DINING with!!!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo for including our French president! What an interesting mix you have chosen Marsha.
    xo
    H

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant collection of interesting people Marsha ...... it's so important to get the mix right, in't it ? It's just a shame that our dinner parties will never happen in real life .... still, we can imagine ! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting list. I'd add Gloria Steinem and Winston Churchill. Just because.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olivia Pope, King Arthur, Jack Sparrow, Jane Fonda... I'm cracking up! That's a party to forewarn the neighbors about, for sure!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. If love to be a guest at that dinner! Great choices.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all gave great parties this year. Onward & upward !!!

      Delete
  11. Fantastic list!! I'll join Jen at your table! I wrote a post but have not been able to add my URL via iPhone today. We are traveling in wine country right now. If you can add it that would be super. Thanks so much for the invite-loved the topic! Happy Thanksgiving Marsha! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvelous list. I'd want to sit next to Amal.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope it was a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The conversation with those quests will not be boring. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I did. Renee
    had me over , her table was so elegant. Maine People do not do elegant. I felt so at home. The food was great and her stuffing was the way I make it. The weather was mild in the mid 50's that alone is something to be grateful for.
    May you have a wonderful Holiday Season and be well and Happy ..Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just loved this fantasy dinner party. Few days back had arranged a dinner party at one of venues in Chicago. It was really awesome. Had hired best chefs who prepared delicious food. All attendees loved and enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.