Sunday, September 24, 2017

Giving Thanks



when there is just SO much distress around the world at this time,
I'm still aware of how brilliantly fortunate most of us are.

kneeling for the National Anthem?

so, is this going to take away the tradition of playing the Anthem before games and/or events?

is EVERYTHING traditional going away?
I really hope not.

so many many natural disasters going on at the same time
around the Earth.

& SO many people volunteering to HELP.
this is what I know about my country.

we have a new hero in JJ Watt, a player on the
Houston Texans NFL team.
he has made such an impact, a national impact, and
we are all so proud of him, his lifestyle, his generosity,
and his strength of character.

we all know this North Korea stuff is just
fluff & puff
because NO ONE wants to begin a war, & believe me,
North Korea knows this too. They just want $$$$$.

while on vacay in New Mexico we met the most
delightful couple from Scotland, who live full time in the USA.
they had a dog.
of course, we had to speak to them.
they LOVE our country !!
they LOVE the people, all of us !!
& it made the 3 of us so proud to hear all this:
how wonderful, beautiful our country is and how nice the people are, all the people.  and they love dogs !

we talked for 30 minutes.

this is life, this is what it's about.

so, today, Sunday...please give thanks for what we have
that is good.

I'm not going to talk about what's bad,
just work to change it. 
like we all should.l

love love love to all you guys.




8 comments:

  1. Well done Marsha - I believe in what you say and pray for America, MY adoptive home for 55 years next month!
    My life here has not been perfect, there have been bumps along the way, however I'm so appreciative of being able to come here as a LEGAL IMMIGRANT. I know that this has been a truly wonderful life for me, and now my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We don't break the laws, ask for anything from the government, or burn the flag! We are upstanding citizens who will give everything for American when needed.
    The entire world is often a sad place - all we can do is pray and remain hopeful that things will change for the good.
    Happy Sunday - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, Mary, you have said it exactly right ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. AMEN Marsha! You know I'm so conservative I make Ronald Reagan look like a tree hugger. I support the military, standing for the Anthem and the Flag, praying for Trump and other elected officials. I find it enormously sad, grievously so, there are those who are so adamant in their hatred of Trump. Yet, there is great kindness being expressed by so many...boots on the ground, sending money, water, cleaning supplies, etc. Yes, I join you in giving thanks...yesterday, today and for all the tomorrows to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone in Taos, who was also a visitor said, "He's our President, of course I support him!"
      I applauded him. All of us are so very lucky to live in the USA. Hey, I know it because I've travelled everywhere !! Thank you, Sandra.

      Delete
  3. You're right Marsha about trying to stay focused on the positive. It's just too depressing to listen to the news 24/7 and get all worked up. We need to stay informed, but we also need to look around and appreciate all the wonderful things going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working, going to dinner, shopping for groceries, taking my dog walking, cleaning my house, shipping merchandise to my clients, trying to eliminate some of my older designer clothes that I cannot fit into any more, and living life. I hate the NEWS, because it's not news, it's OPINIONS.

      Delete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.