Sunday, January 14, 2018

Who Wants To Go With Me To An Italian Villa ? REVISED POST




and THIS IS ME STANDING ON THE VERANDA OF ONE OF THOSE VILLAS

looks pretty good, doesn't it ?

so, here's what I'm thinking:

finding the PERFECT villa
meaning well-located, beautiful, pool, and with a view of the sea

NEVER give up the view, ladies, as this is what it's all about.

TENTATIVE DATES WOULD BE IN MAY 2018
OR EARLY JUNE
BECAUSE OF THE EUROPEAN TOURISTS WHO
CONVERGE IN JULY

we can accommodate 8 ladies or 10 ladies
depending upon the house.
so far we have 6 committed to go.

I'm thinking of a home base located very near or IN Sorrento

and from the villa we can day trip anywhere on the
Amalfi Coast
maybe hire a driver?

I know you know what I mean.

for me, Sorrento is the  most beautiful place on Earth.
just sitting, enjoying great conversation, a glass of vino
and gazing over the sea is my idea of living.

visiting the local markets for fresh foods,
sitting at the sidewalk cafe's talking to everyone,
walking in and out of shops,
being with other women who love the same things.

so, here's the deal...
IF we can find the perfect villa for 1 week in May
and share the cost of that villa, which might include the
housekeeper, etc.
the PRICE for each of us is MUCH LESS THAN A HOTEL.

 will include the
housekeeper, tips, etc. 
but not the driver or food/beverages.


FOR 7 NIGHTS !!!

& if you've investigated travelling like this before you'll know
THIS IS A BARGAIN !!

I would not make one cent on this, of course.
We'll ALL be part of making plans via emails together or
phone calls.  Everyone's opinions will be considered !

like this one below
sleeps 10
maybe some bedrooms have double or king beds but I know we could figure this out.  Heck, I'll sleep on a sofa if it helps.
right now, this home is available, however, there are many more
to choose from and if we don't get the 10 ladies we'll downsize a bit.




the pic below:
ladies, THAT IS THE SEA BEYOND
ISN'T IT AMAZING ?











well, I think you get the idea !!

WHO WOULD BE IN ????

you & your sister,
you & your daughter
you & your best friend

I've posted about this before and had great feedback, but now it's time to make decisions.

each one of us would find our own airfare, or we could, maybe,
all meet at JFK in NYC and fly over together?

gotta check out best fares, best airport etc. which I'll do once
I get some replies back.

personal email
splenderosa@gmail.com

or leave a comment

if you are saying something personal in the comment I won't publish it.

I've talked to a travel advisor and they know that I know ALMOST as much as they do because I've travelled this way so much.  However, we may need some help on this, and if we do there is a planning fee which they charge, just FYI.

I'm thinking we might find a local Italian cooking lesson,

drive around the Amalfi Coastline South to Amalfi and spend one day there

take the boat over to Capri and spend one day there

go to Positano for a day

and stay in and around Sorrento for the other days
believe me when I say staying at the villa for the entire day
is one of the BEST DAYS !!!



so, quick like a bunny, let me hear from one and all
ASAP, please






9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Would love to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could so go for a vacation right now!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm raising my hand,"yes!" I would like more details as you start putting plans together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Amalfi region IS my very favorite location...ever. You know, I'm going to put some "feelers" out on this... Perfect "daydreaming" on this blustery winter day!! franki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have been dazzled by the gorgeous photos, but I didn't see a date?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out the Italian Concierge for a trip planning to Italy,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to come!!! IF you have more info my email is:
    kmdesigns@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to go as well! Let me know the dates, via this blog Its not safe to have your email published.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great opportunity! We're already doing something similar in Croatia with family right about the same time, but what fun this will be and in such a gorgeous location. I'll be following your posts with interest to see how the trip comes together.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.