hop over to Marsha's new web shop, lots of goodies for you & the holidays

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cinderella, did someone call?

Knowing all of you love a  fairytale motif in a baby's room
(where else in the house can you go so theme-crazy?)
 but find most options way too overdone and over-ruffled for our sophisticated taste,
I simply couldn't wait to post about this amazing baby bed. 

This Cinderella Carriage Crib
is another story, however, as it manages to look equally at home
directly in a fairytale or in a tastefully decorated room fit for a little princess.
 Handcrafted by wrought iron furniture maker Corsican
it features the iconic pumpkin shape
 embellished with big carriage wheels,
trailing vines, rosettes decorating every joint, and a garland of leaves
at the crown complete with little birdies.
A beautiful magic pumpkin that won't go anywhere at midnight.

you saw it here first.


  1. Marsha

    That is truly precious. Whimsical, enchanting any dear one would be happy to have it. Although I had boys, now grown but alas no grand children , if I had money to play with I would put it in the garden or the sun room, and plant vines and make a bed of roses and moss.

    Well it is fun to dream.


  2. Loved it, a lovely way to start my Sunday,


  3. Oh, I just love it....beautiful!

    And I LOVE the Sting song you are playing...."Fragile" is one of his best tracks I think xoxo

  4. That has flipped me out. How Darling.
    Can you imaging your GrandDaughter in that.
    It's wonderful.


  5. My Coumputer is getting nuts, I just sent a comment and it did't acknowledge it.

  6. Marsha, definitely a work of splendor!!

    My latest post has some intesting details of Kansas City. I hope you head my way one of these days!!

    Art by Karena

  7. Marsha, oh God how I love this! stop over, read, and please follow my new blog.

  8. Over the top and gorgeous. Thanks for introducing the design. Cherry Kay

  9. I am smitten with this bed...can they make a grown-up girl version? Once it has served it's purpose in the nursery, imagine how it would look on the veranda or in the garden, planted with flowers and tangled vines.


  10. Absolutely for a very special princess who will live happily ever after. I'd love to see it in a decorated room--amazing!


  11. That is truly a fairytale come true! I would love to see the ending to that beautiful beginning :) What a debut!!


Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, each of them mean so much to me. After all, the interaction is the reason we blog. xx's