Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Royal Wedding Attire...




Starting with the top,

& remember for this exercise in fantasy,
money is NO object...

I've finally chosen this hat
to go with the Valentino outfit
which I only just discovered today, Tuesday...
I mean, can you believe it...the wedding is Friday morning
I'm leaving tomorrow and TODAY I found the outfit!!


The hat seems perfect to me, not severe brimmed, but fluttery,
which this ensemble requires, I think.



I would prefer the hem to be longer, but this is the only photo I
could find.  The actual outfit will be delivered to my hotel on Thursday,
with the longer hem. 

I love the soft pinky-beige color, but thought it was way too
boring to be monochromatic, which is usually my style.
So the hat set the tone for the rest of the accessories.
I really am liking the sharpness of the dark gray/black with the
rose beige...to me it gives the outfit a lot of style & punch.


Diego Dolcini Shoes @ Neiman-Marcus
$1330.00
with Swarovski crystal-embellished heels
in gold, black & silver...
not gaudy at all, just beautiful with a bit
of dash thrown in.
Love the flower-ruffle embellished toes too.
Matches the hat & ruffle down the front of the outfit.


look at the awesome heels



Judith Leiber Handbag
adds exactly the right element of grandeur & whimsy.
I mean, wouldn't it just be too obvious to have a
"normal" handbag?
Not at the Royal Wedding, please....
notice the silver, gold & black crystals,
exactly the same as on the heel of the shoe.

Add

Black South Sea Pearls Necklace
double or triple strand
&
Black South Sea Pearl with Diamond Studs
  •  
very sheer hosiery
  •  
gray leather gloves,
very elegant ones with no top-stiching showing



OK, what are you guys wearing?








Photobucket

Posted by Picasa