Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beautifully Simple, Beautifully Opulent




Corail Or
by
Medard de Noblat


Service Porcelaine Corail Or Médard  Médard de Noblat  MÉDARD DE NOBLAT

I am just in love with this design, the beauty of white porcelain with undulating edges,
understated ribbing, give these plates all the delicacy of a scallop shell.

Objects like these take time to create.
Those fabulous gilt edges are all handpainted in Limoges, 
the way such porcelain has been produced since the days of
Marie Antoinette.

My daughter has her antique and vintage white ironstone which, for me,
is just too chunky, but I could definitely go for this.

Unfussy in the most sumptuous way.

not dishwasher safe, to be sure.


I've inherited or collected beautiful china over the years, I'll see something at an antique shop
and buy the set, or on e-bay, and so forth,
but I don't have anything like this beautiful design.

maybe it's time to replace the Lenox I received for my 1st wedding?
believe me, I use this all the time, so don't laugh...





 What do you guys think of the new china design?
Would you invest in this?
Would you use it?

Or is this something for a new bride?



Photobucket