Monday, March 4, 2013

To Dream the Impossible Dream - By Invitation Only March 2013 Chapter


International Blog Party


our subject this month was to share something we've always wanted to do, 
but have never done...you know, like sky-diving.

or switch places with someone for a day.



 the brilliant Virginia, of the blog GLAMOUR DROPS,
which you will find HERE,
has become our newest member of
"By Invitation Only"

she writes with wit & charm and has a design & architectural firm in Melbourne.

Virginia, we welcome you !!






above, the scene in Houston's neighborhoods right this very minute...

so why, you ask, would I have an impossible dream
to have a home in Sorrento, Italy ?
something I've always wanted but, of course, know it is impossible.



like walking a baby zebra into Neiman-Marcus isn't it?

& no mistake, I am definitely a Texan, I love where I live, and we live a big life.


but when you realize this is the bluest, clearest water, the most passionate people,
the gentle climate, the creativity that comes from this area of the world, & when you
look at these photos you will understand a little better....





so the impossible dream is interspersed as often as possible with visits to this beautiful place.

& within the next few days I'm going to do another post on the Amalfi Coast of Italy,
some of them in the past are the most-read of my posts.

now, if I could change places with anyone for a day...?

would it be Madonna because of her sheer audacity & the fact that she reached the top
because she wouldn't give up?  I quite admire these traits because I have never
been able to just push my way to victory. therefore, maybe I missed something.

or would it be Carmen Dell’Orefice (born June 3, 1931)  
who is 82 years old. She is the oldest model in the world modeling for the last 66 years, 
placing herself in the Guinness Book of World Records.  
Carmen Dell’Orefice (born June 3, 1931) is 80 years old. She is the oldest model in the world modeling for the last 66 years, placing herself in the Guinness Book of World Records. Kudos to this beautiful woman!



smart is hot
or maybe Meryl Streep, who has the most understated manner about her,
yet is our greatest actress?  wouldn't it be crazy to sit through getting all
made up as Margaret Thatcher or wearing spandex, lycra & platforms for Mamma Mia?


Richard Branson

or just to spend one day right beside him, to understand his great intelligence and his charming
way of making billions, while still giving back so much to the arts & sciences.

or maybe, best of all, going back to being 27 again...my best year actually.
but to have the knowledge, instincts, patience, awareness I have now?




please go visit as many of our membership participants as 
you can...goodness knows what they will have in store for us.

most will be linked in below.


& if you're not following, please join me as a new friend, and see what fun we have
going forward into Spring





Photobucket