Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Courreges Again?


well, now you know I'm old enough to remember Andre Courreges
& his very structured garments from several decades back.

now, it's Gucci.

seemingly, harkening back to the 60's, much like Burberry.

the entire collection had this feeling, which isn't so bad if you are young.
& as the saying goes 
"if you wore it the 1st time, you're too old to wear it the 2nd."

ahem.










not one long gown,

the skirts are all mighty mini,

with knee-high boots.



side note:
Tom Ford's collection shown in London was almost all black, 
very conservative for him, except for his 2 $6500 sequin T-Shirt dresses,
a total take-off on Jay-Z's track about Tom.




Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love all of the boots! Thank you for sharing all of these beautiful fashion posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I just need some pretty knees to sport those wonderful wares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand who is buying those clothes. I'd think the designer prices were too high for the youngsters where well above the knee looks so good.
    My knees stopped looking good around 50….just about when I could afford whatever I wanted to:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courreges.Oh, Marsha. He was such a huge influence in mid to late 60's fashion! Image number one is almost identical to my sophomore (high school 1967) homecoming dress...we wore dressy wool minis with boots to the game, and to the dance after the game. The color of the dress in image number two is identical to the color of my dress. I look back now with great delight as to how chic I was at 15. I also remember having a very structured knit Jonathan Logan mini dress that was the exact color as dress number one.Thanks for bringing back such a wonderful fashion memory!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree very 60s I had a dress very similar. I won't be revisiting this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love every one of them! If only I were 30 something!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this collection and the boots are all so chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this collection as well, very wearable I think. Very 60's!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. geez
    i am thrilled by the collection.
    it's so 60's.

    ps home depot has the tile i posted about for 1/2 the price of anywhere else.
    xx;)

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.