Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April's "BY INVITATION ONLY" An International Blog Party

International Blog Party
Hello everyone, and Happy Springtime!
& once we have Spring we naturally think of vacations and holidays, don't we?

& some new, vitally needed apparel, shoes, bags, jewelry, oh well,
all types of accessories actually.
they are my most fun things to purchase, and I think long and hard about many of these
items 'cause they will have to work hard to be in my closet.

anyway.

a couple of us members of our lovely little group thought how much fun it would be
to dream of going on a cruise,

yep, something like the ship you see below would be OK...







until you've actually been on a cruise it's so easy to say, "I would be bored, there are only old people, or there may be children, or there's nothing to do but eat."

once you've been, you know none of that is true.

what it is is the most amazing luxury known to man.

and the 1st time you drive up to the dockside and see these magnificent floating hotels/resorts
your breath is quite simply taken away.

however, none of that has anything to do with our subject for this month,

which is

Name the Top 10 Items You Could Not Leave at Home

& the really wonderful thing about a cruise is that you don't have to worry
about what you take with you (unless you fly to your port of departure).
there's actually lots of room in the cabins for anything you can think of,
however, again...this is not the subject.

OK, for me we are going to have to forget makeup here, this is the absolutely TOP thing I must have, but for this list we are going to be more esoteric...



1.Kindle Fire
cause I love to sit on deck and read, read, read
(& talk to people)
DSC04417




2.Pareo(s)
this counts as ONE item though it could be many,
I also use them for shawls, or even to cover a hideous lampshade (I know),
so much cuter than a cover-up of the American kind.


this works for me with tee shirts & almost everything



3. Brilliant Sandals to go everywhere
Birkenstocks (believe it)


Giuseppe Zanotti high heel pumps




4. Huge Sunglasses
(preferably Tom Ford)


5. A Zip-Lock Bag Filled with Flax Seed
I mix it with yogurt each morning.



6.  JEWELRY  (plural)




7. Diamond Stud Earrings
to wear every single moment




8.  A Journal to Write in By Hand
I love making notes of silly stuff, what I was thinking when I saw a beautiful wave break,
how hard we laughed in the Karaoke Bar, how we got lost but loved every moment, etc.



9.  A Mason Jar
to bring back the most beautiful sea water in the world.



10.  Gifts, little thank-you gifts, for the young ladies who serve you.
I always take simple pieces of my Splenderosa jewelry, enough so that
I can hand each one of them a remembrance.
I still chat on FB with one of the girls from Slovenia who served us
brilliantly on 2 different cruises.



these are the top 10 things,
but you know we will have 2 outfits for each day, shoes, bags, etc.
I love dining at the elegant restaurants on board the ships,
not the regular dining rooms, but the more up-scale ones
where you can have a 5-course gourmet meal for $40.  :)'s,
they, you see, I have a reason to dress up more.



Zac Posen


Marchesa





I go to the spa




I get my hair done, then I sit outside and enjoy the views.   Does this make sense?
Of course not.


I have breakfast in our cabin



I also love sleeping late, and I love not worrying about anything,
not even knowing what time it is.

****************************************************************



I am so happy to welcome 
THREE NEW MEMBERS TO OUR LOVELY GROUP

Elizabeth Kirkpatrick of  Vintage Hen House

Jennifer Connolly of The Well-Styled Life

Jeanne McKay of I Dream Of


please try to visit each member who posted today,
and remember, next month will be our last post before our
summer hiatus for June/July/August
so we NEED to see you !!







Photobucket