Sunday, October 10, 2010

Butterfly Party

it always started with this,
one wondered each year if one would be kept on
THE list...

& when the simple invitation arrived, one started worrying &
wondering what one could possibly WEAR...


 
the party was always in this room, in this place...
& it was called the "Butterfly"... you can imagine why...


 
every year it is the most fun, beautiful party on earth, attendance is
limited to the size of the room, and each year our hostess
eliminates people & adds people...
all I know is that this year Paris Hilton won't be attending...



the pre & post cocktail hour held here, with entertainment,
 food & beverages changing with each event
this is NOT a black-tie party (makes it easier for the men),
but the women want to glitter, sparkle & shine.



the village promanade

 
 


 customary attire,
even for non-atheletic types


the venue



now for the difficult part
...what to wear?
thank goodness for Polyvore,  my new favorite computer game.

every woman loves to shop, right, but only when she can find
outfits that actually WORK for her.

After many man-hours struggling with thoughts of
cocktail dresses, a sleek long gown with tons of feathers wrapped
around my shoulders,
this is the one outfit I deemed PERFECT

I'm still awaiting word from Daphne on her thoughts,
but we usually like the same things. 

What do you guys think?





Alice & Olivia "Luisa" Sequin Embellished Jacket $795
(hand-sewn Swarovski crystals added throughout jacket)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Lace Top $580
Yves Saint Laurant High-Waisted Wool/Silk Pant $950
Versace Gold Leather Sandals $1,095
Alexander McQueen Handbag $1,420
(with skull closure)
22K Gold Leaf Hoop Earrings $800
(because butterflies love leaves)
Splenderosa Headband $49


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful ideas for a wedding, teaparty , dance.

    Sara
    http://www.momentsofelegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I love butterflies and the other pics were superb.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. All except the hair flower. I haave an odd dislike of hair flowers, so feel free to ignore me:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful venue! And I love your very own designed headband!
    I have so much to learn from you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic, wouldn't it be fun to go..
    I do like those boots with the fur.
    The rest is just beautiful, the shoes would kill me price wise and I would break my neck in them. Hell of an entrance. LOL
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I wanna go! I want TO GO!!!!!!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha, I love your choice to wear, fabulous of course! The setting oh my......

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparklingly perfect and beautiful! I want to go!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marsha,
    Just my kind of party, the venue, the country, the snow, gorgeous outfits and fun !!
    I hope that I've been added and not eliminated !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I'm drooling - where's that hanky?!! LOVE that little purse. The jacket and top are stunning. I could never wear the shoes -- siiigh. WHAT an event and this outfit will stand out even in the most opulent of surroundings. I want to be a fly on the wall or a barfly sipping a martini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry sent me over from Country Wings in Phoenix. Woo Hoo! Cool blog! Love your giveaway too! Congrats here moving up to 300 follower.s Awesome. I love meeting new people so I am always excited when I hit a new milestone. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your selections are hard to beat! I'll go along with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices...I am so sure Ms. Daphne will absolutely approve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful event! how much fun to get ready for such a glamorous event. Where does it take place? Is it the Rockies? Your outfit will be perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Marsha, wow! The room for the dinner looks beautiful and I'm sure you will too. I'm pleased that you daughter is moving back nearer to you. I hope you're very well xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Dear,

    I am sure you will look great... is that St Moritz? The Badrutts Palace? if is there believe me, you will have a GREAT TIME.

    Kisses
    Fer

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.