Thursday, April 14, 2011

Accepting Awards...




"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time,
carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration.
The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that
life is rich, beauty is everywhere,
every personal connection has meaning, 
and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."

Yesterday, while at the car wash, I purchased a beautiful card for a friend
...from a company called Papyrus...
the hummingbird quotation was in the package insert, &
I thought it spoke to all of us in the blogging world.

Over time I've received some lovely awards from women I consider
my friends now,  not just blogging buddies.
Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted
Charlotta @ Space for Inspiration
Mona @ Providence
Therese @ La Dolfina
all are shown on my sidebar.

Today I'm going to share
7 Things You May Not Know About Me

I'm a clutch-player, only when I know the deadline is upon me do I
actually get into full-speed mode.  Especially for dinner parties.
Now, huge cocktail receptions with 100's of people attending get
my attention months ahead of time because I want every single thing
to be perfect.  No detail is too small.  And, I love love love doing this.
All the planning, the strategy of installations, the food, the music,
the wines, the people.

I love whimsy.  Without wit no matter how extraordinary it could be
boring.

Flowers.  Flowers everywhere.  They make me happy in my own
home. I mist them, change their water often, play music and
talk to them.  They reward me by staying beautiful longer.
Flowers in my garden in big huge overflowing pots, vines climbing up
fences & walls.

Dogs.  I cannot imagine how lonely I would feel without my 2 little ones,
who are my constant companions. FiFi, the 7.5 lb. poodle, who is
definitely Frency royalty, & my rock-star Maltese, Bono, who is one
of the most intelligent beings I know.  FiFi has been around the world with
us, and we've met so many wonderful people because we were carrying her as
we did our travels, our marketing & our shopping.  One summer we had a
rented villa between Sorrento & Positano, we were all out by the pool being absolutely
silly, when my husband looked up and saw FiFi waaay up on top of the roof of
the house.  He was beside himself, saying "how are we going to get her down?"
My son, the naturalist, said "Don't worry, Ned...she'll get down the same
way she climbed up."  And, of course, she did just that.
The house was terraced down the hillside, so the roof almost met the earth
in a few spots. 

I love my friends!  And I never lose any of them.  There are people I've
been friends with since elementary school.  My highschool class has a website,
we keep up with each other via emails and this site, and plan our
reunions (every 5 years now) with rigourous detail. 
My girlfriends sustain me.  We often disagree, but we always remain true
friends.  We nurture each other, and we never take our friendships for
granted.

You would never have seen this coming:
NFL football!
I love it.  Of course, I have my favorite teams, and
I wouldn't miss any game.  We used to go to every
single University of Texas Longhorn Football game each
season, didn't matter where it was.  College teams play on
Saturday, the pros on Sunday or Monday night.  Often we
would drive to Austin, turn around and race back to Houston
so we could be at the high-noon kickoff for the Texans.
And, I really believe Tom Brady is the league's MVP
(but for me, maybe it's because Gisele married him).

  I am not a jeans kind of girl.  Never have been.

I didn't include anything about my family or Jesus
because this is too easy and too obvious.

I also LOVE blogging.  I LOVE the women around the world
whose immense talent and creativity, love & caring would be
be completely unknown to me without blogging.

Greet LeFevre of Belgian Pearls was my 1st follower! 
Can you imagine?

I am supposed to pass the award along to others,
and I shall do that in my Pink Saturday post.
There are so many ladies who deserve to be awarded
over & over...so I need a bit more time to think.
You see, here's where the procrastinator comes in.
See Item #1 above.

I'm at home today, catching up on my home, commenting
on some of my favorite posts, and will sit down and work
on two special orders for jewelry.  It will be a good day.

Love to all, and thank you for following me &
sending so much love my way.






Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. So nice to get to know you...well lets see we do have some things in common, no jeans for me either thank you very much, flowers..never can have enough, friends..whats life without them...whimsy...makes life intersting and oh so much fun. NFL sorry you got me there..lol. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I can see flowers, dogs, and friends but football??!!! really?...that just made me laugh.. :) it's fun to read about the (quirky) little things about other bloggers...
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,hello,my dear,dear Marsha!

    It's so special and so good to reading about you...
    Fantastic,impressive good post!
    I like the way how do you write about awards and about yourself:-)*
    And you know...I have never seen you in a real life,but I have so strong feeling like as I know you all my life!!!
    One thing: I am happy that chance does not exist,my wonderful M.!
    All these qualities of yours speeks to me absolutely very much and I got a little pretty smile on my face when i road you post!!!

    Thank you for share it with us,
    Wish you lovely rest of the week,my dear friend:-)*

    Spring hugs and XXX to you,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,hello,my dear,dear Marsha!
    My computer does very strange...and I don't know you got my comments or not.
    But I would like to try again,because this post is fantastic and very impressive for me:-)))*
    It's so special and so good to reading about you...

    I like the way how do you write about awards and about yourself:-)*
    And you know...I have never seen you in a real life,but I have so strong feeling like as I know you all my life!!!
    One thing: I am happy that chance does not exist,my wonderful M.!
    All these qualities of yours speeks to me absolutely very much and I got a little pretty smile on my face when i road you post!!!

    Thank you for share it with us,
    Wish you lovely rest of the week,my dear friend:-)*

    Spring hugs and XXX to you,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely reading about the person behind the blog, Thanks for sharing,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to learn more about your. We love football as well. Love Texas teams; however, loyal to the Manning family. Just makes me cry when I think about how proud their parents must be. Yeah silly...I know!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Marsha, thanks so much for the award. I consider you a friend too.

    I am a clutch player as well! Where would we be without our friends? And that's so funny that you're a football fan!

    I shall do this as soon as. Much love you wonderful woman, C xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed out loud at no six - you are right, I so didn't see that one coming and I love it!!

    Thank you for accepting the award my dear - it's so nice easy to love you and your beautiful blog!

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.