Thursday, May 19, 2011

All Choked Up...

Giles Deacon for Ungaro


It’s time to put away those dangling pendants and dainty chains. 

For Fall, designers are hot under their collars for fierce,
 face-framing choker necklaces.

 Whether they came with door knocker-sized ornaments 
like Lanvin's, 
Wilma Flintstone-esque pebbled jewels 
à la Bottega Veneta, 
or in fetish-y leather as they did at 
Emanuel Ungaro, 
it was all about achieving a snug fit 
that sits atop the collarbone.



Emilio Pucci




Lanvin Choker




Bottega Veneta




Chanel







Yves St. Laurent




Thakoon Velvet Rope




Hermes Silver Ring




Salvatore Ferragamo Jewel Encrusted Open Ring




Valentino Lace Wreath


 And chokers aren’t just for the runways. 
Lots of fashionistas attending fashion weeks 
have been spotted wearing single-strand
above-the-collar-bone necklaces.

So, change is good for business...voila...we have change!
But, you know, I'm getting tired of those awful knitted bib necklaces,
to me, they always looked like they were "made by loving hands at home."

With this new trend I am particularly enamored 
of the Ferragamo open-ring design,
& with that severe glen-plaid tailoring 
this necklace is a huge
show-stopping piece.

And, I LOVE the velvet rope!  
So soft, yet bold in statement.


What do you think?  
Do you like chokers?





Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Oh I agree Marsha!! Excited to see what you come up with. I adore the earrings you created for me!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing chokers for years...glad that I'm finally going to be in style for at least a season. I agree the Ferragamo and the velvet rope pieces were spectacular...also really liked the Chanel sweater...hated the pants, but the sweater is amazing. Thanks for stopping by my post. As we checked out of the Hotel Bellevue Syrene, Sweet Mister said, "We'll be back!" I'm in love with Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. Thank you so much for the introduction to the most beautiful place on Earth. I also bought gifts for friends at the linen store...I'll return there, too! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE chokers ~ still have a couple back from my high school years, although they are velvet and a bit dated. Wonder if the wedding industry will brace this trend? I hope so!! Did you hear I'm hostessing my annual Wedding Blog Party on June 10th? I'd so love for you to join in and add your spin on fashions!!! Come read about it....

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen more chokers here in the UK of late so I'm not surprised that they are the "In" thing at the moment.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great trend which I am happy to see come back. The Hermes Silver Ring is perfect for everyday. It is so bold, yet simple! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marsha,
    Thanks for the tip.....I have quite a few chokers so I must dig them out and buy a few more.
    Have a lovely weekend Marsha. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your kind words Marsha.I do so appreciate them.

    Oooh yes ... I definitely love chokers!
    The Hermes and Ferragamo are definitely very modern and contemporary ... and I also love the feminine lace Valention number.

    Have a great weekend hon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chokers. That Ferragamo one is gorgeous! I have quite a few, I used to wear them all the time. I shall get them out again now xx

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.