Friday, October 26, 2012

The Morning After...



in New Orleans
(or anywhere one has this much fun!!)
"The Morning After/New Orleans" by splenderosa on Polyvore

my idea of what to wear, comfortable but still rocked out fashion

& then to make the day possible one must head on over 
to the famous Arnaud's French 75 Bar


Classic Cocktail 

The Ramos Gin Fizz



Get your shaking arm ready 

to make this classic libation

The Ramos Gin Fizz from Arnaud’s French 75 Bar in New Orleans

In a city known for its late nights and lost weekends, it’s only appropriate that New Orleans should have a group of cocktails tailored for the inevitable rough mornings-after. The historic Ramos Gin Fizz is a great example of this genre: a creamy, approachable brunch time cocktail with enough gin to take the edge off and the velvety mouth feel of God’s own Dreamsicle. At Arnaud’s French 75, bartender and scholar Chris Hannah gives his traditional version its ethereal lightness with a few solid minutes of hard shaking. It’s the only way to get it right.

Ingredients
1½ oz. gin
1 oz. simple syrup (1:1 ratio)
½ oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
½ oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 egg white (pasteurized)
1 oz. heavy cream
3 drops orange flower water
1 oz. club soda, chilled

In a shaker, combine all ingredients except soda and shake vigorously to combine. Add ice cubes and shake again for at least two minutes to provide the drink’s distinctive silky texture. Strain into a tapered highball glass or wine flute, top with club soda, stir, and serve.  article from Garden & Gun Magazine
"this is my most favorite New Orleans traditional drink,
it seems that no body does it better."
Marsha

however, I think you can cheat a bit and whisk
or blend very slowly electronically.
then add the cream & club soda,
otherwise it will foam & bubble too much,
just a tip fyi.

anyone up for a little weekend trip before
the holidays begin?

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous outfit! Love the color and the jacket!
    Our Christmas Eve breakfast needs a drink like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I love cocktails that take time to make by hand, delicious. Love that Westwood number. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Marsha and I've always wanted to try a Gin Fiz and still have yet to try one. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just confirms how much I should be there….my room awaits me! I sent black out curtains that arrived at my daughter's house just 2 days ago! I'm sitting in Destin….she called and asked for mom…she's never done that in all of the 3 1/2 years she's been married….she's never done that!!! What am I doing still sitting in destin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So love New Orleans...I don't think we have been for about 8+ years. Would love to go again...great post as always Marsha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I loove that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous photos my dear. The beige really speaks to me, and though I am not a drinker, that drink sounds yummy!

    TALK SOON? I need to get a little more done this weekend, but know that I am very thrilled to discuss your ideas! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous wardrobe , I will take it!! THe images are lovely, and that drink sounds yummy!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.