Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Color of the Year 2013


Pantone says it's Emerald Green

pantone.jpg


But 2013 is all about a vivid, verdant shade of green that “enhances our sense of well-being further by inspiring insight, as well as promoting balance and harmony,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.


“Since antiquity, this luminous, magnificent hue has been the color of beauty and new life in many cultures and religions,” said Eiseman in a press release. “It’s also the color of growth, renewal and prosperity – no other color conveys regeneration more than green.“
The prevalence of green has been steadily rising for several seasons, especially in the fashion and couture markets, and even on the red carpet.

Pantone experts put a great deal of effort into choosing the annual color of the year, looking for influences in entertainment, traveling art collections, popular destinations or even sporting events that garner worldwide attention, according to the company.

Attention will be paid by all the fabric houses as they quickly come up with
color and pattern featuring this new trend color - Emerald.

We will definitely be seeing more:










will you wear this?
will you use this in your home?


you know what I've noticed?
more girls are buying lime or acid green accessories...
we say this 10 or so years ago where that green was
considered a new basic.

interesting, isn't it?

maybe the entire thing is to make us aware of the our
opportunities to be "green."
2013 = RECYCLE & UPCYCLE

we gotta do it or our kids will think we're really bad citizens of
our Earth.





Photobucket

footnote of almost no note:
the Benghazi episode has now been classified as a serious lack of security,
known to the State Department for a long time.

did they tell us "we" were negotiating with the Turkish ambassador in Benghazi
to allow weapons to pass through Turkey en route to Syria?

makes me so sad for the families of the fallen.
the fallen, of course, are in a better place...forever safe from harm of any kind.
God Bless Them All.


8 comments:

  1. It's really interesting that green has been so popular for so many years - I can't even remember back to when it was declared the new "it" colour - was it perhaps 10 or 12 years ago? But I remember going to a forecasting lecture at one of our design festivals around that time and discussing it as a force to be reckoned with. The thought was that as we became more consumeristic we would crave this essential colour of fresh nature, as a contrasting balance. And it seems to be the case.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you Marsha. May 2013 be fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a beautiful shade of green, but I tend toward the more olive tones both in my home and wardrobe. Now, to comment on your Benghazi note: I do so hope all the truth will come out about this horrible event. I'm afraid Oliver North may have been the first to propose what actually happened there, and it does include an undercover weapons deal to our "enemies." Thanks for including your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid she is right!
    The scariest is things that happened there we are not
    "Privy" to!!!
    I hope either they are not true; or it becomes public
    knowledge soon!!!!

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid she is right!
    The scariest is things that happened there we are not
    "Privy" to!!!
    I hope either they are not true; or it becomes public
    knowledge soon!!!!

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid she is right!
    The scariest is things that happened there we are not
    "Privy" to!!!
    I hope either they are not true; or it becomes public
    knowledge soon!!!!

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid she is right!
    The scariest is things that happened there we are not
    "Privy" to!!!
    I hope either they are not true; or it becomes public
    knowledge soon!!!!

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT these first one dress..............amazing,just breathtaking nice,Marsha!!!
    And OH yes....this shades of green making me absolutely happy:-)))*

    Sending to you my arm hugs,my dear friend,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.