Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fashion, What's Ahead for Spring

the 10 definitive looks
according to Bergdorf-Goodman

Peter Pilotto Tilda Printed Half-Sleeve Blouse & Laurena Flounce-Hem Skirt

1510.00-1740.00


do any of you remember the flounce-hem skirts from many seasons ago?

they're BAAACK...



Lanvin Sheer Tie-Neck Blouse, One-Piece Bodysuit & Tiered Crinoline Dress
690.00-8075.00



Wes Gordon Crushed Satin Tee & Flare Pants

825.00-1095.00




Emilio Pucci Embroidered High-Neck Tunic Dress
 Emilio Pucci Embroidered High-Neck Tunic Dress
4890.


Pamella Roland Geometric-Cutout Train Peplum Gown

3685.00




Rick Owens Strong-Shoulder Leather Jacket, Back-Zip Bustier & Long Shrimp Skirt
910.00-1685.00


Oscar de la Renta Strapless Striped Gazar Gown

6790.00


Stella McCartney Belted Contour Gown
5180.00



Saint Laurent Long-Sleeve Lace Top & Skinny Leather Pants
1990.00-2890.00


Alexander McQueen Flounce-Hem Patent Sheath Dress

13850.00


many seasons ago I would have worn (and did wear) any/all of these outfits..
when we are young we can wear anything can't we?

the top outfit almost looks like a dress I had which I think I wore so much it
finally died a natural death...back then I could wash it in the sink and hang it
up in the shower to drip dry...someday I'll remember the name of the designer.

now I look at this outfit...and scream "you can't go outside with this on your body."

of course, the new iteration looks "new" to the younger crowd, doesn't it?

my daughter prefers the much simpler styling of Tahari or Philosophy,
so she has never been attracted to big prints...but 
there was a time when I came home and discovered that a beautiful
black Scassi cocktail silk taffeta cocktail dress was missing from the back of my
closet door...I had ordered it from NYC & when it arrived I just put it there so I
could look at it for awhile.
SHE decided it looked good enough to wear to a high school function, so
off she went in my as-yet-unworn outfit.

could not believe it.

& I dearly loved that dress for many many years...

& so it goes...





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the Wes in red!
    I wore Tahari suits in the 80's...Sometimes I wish that I held onto them. They were amazing.
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL TO YOU!!

    I call it (and I did not make this up)!!

    This is the "circle of life!"

    At 65; I do not think I look good in what I was "kinda cute" in when I was 35!

    There is a word! It is "appropriate"!!

    It applies "across the board"!

    Dress, decorating,all of it!

    Appropriate kinda says it all!

    However; we are being invaded by people who are certain that "bigger is better" and; my feeling is that we better start zoning restrictions!

    (it is way too late in many places!!!)

    "Beverly Park"

    Terifying! Nothing short of terrifying!

    Someone has to take a stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Trials and Tribulations of being a "Classy Mom"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Trials & Tribulations of being a "Classy Mom"!!!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.