Monday, June 8, 2015

How To Style The Newest Trends

white shirt blue culottes

above Erdem,
loving this top, but I would style it with black or navy slim pants
& probably straw wedges.
or these Clover Canyon Black Flowered Wedges, $350
would not wear the skirt/culottes as I think this is really too much for the frilly blouse.




Olivia Palermo in Milly 
the floral midi skirt with just a plain ole denim shirt knotted at the waist,
a white one would have worked just as well.

the luxury of the skirt with the casualness of the top




same idea below, but with stripes & florals,
which looks & feels NEW, doesn't it?
I know, I know, you're not going to wear bare midriffs!

fashion-clue:www.fashionclue.net | Fashion Tumblr, Street Style & Outfits

this length skirt is SO beautiful now.
it's not mini or maxi.
it's in between & happening.

nothing looks better now, on any age,
than a slim pencil midi skirt,

ALC has a beauty, so does Milly



& I have it straight from  STYLE.COM about things that are OUT !

SHREDDED jeans are OUT

uh-la-la-land:

Details

handbag & shoes definitely IN



& these silver high tops (Kurt Geiger) will make you waaaay ahead in summer fashion,
wear with a long maxi skirt, like a white with crocheted bottom, long tee over the skirt,
a perfect summer errand-running outfit

******************************************************************



well, ladies, I have moved !!

right down the hall, in fact next door.
to a corner apartment which is much larger and has better views,
wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling, bay windows all across the front, the 2 bedrooms & the living room, which overlook the sparkling pool.
& I have a REAL kitchen again, with a breakfast room & floor to ceiling glass walls.

I still can't garden, but the orchids are doing beautifully
(in fact 
3-4 of them have RE-BLOOMED for me).
but there is such good light the tropical house plants will do great.
maybe I can find a 15' tall ficus tree again?



I know all of you had a lovely weekend !!!!
& can you believe the FIRST WEEK OF JUNE HAS PASSED?


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Your new places sounds wonderful in every way - enjoy each moment!!
    I still want the purse you are showing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all your fashion style comments above. And, I am so happy that shredded jeans are OUT! (I personally never liked the look.) your apartment sounds very spacious and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that frilly blouse and agree about the culottes. ONLY a 20 something can get away with that look:) The floral skirt is beautiful. CONGRATULATIONS on the move, hope you will be very happy there and enjoy the wonderful views!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha,
    Those top above from Erdem is really stunning!
    Totally agree with you,not to ware with this skirt......
    And those colorful shoese are too cute by in case if this top can be ware with a small pants(dark)
    Oh,it sounds so bright and amazing,Marsha your new place!!!
    Enjoy every minute there,dear friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think, my darling Marsha, we are on "the same page" -- moi the conservative, toi the exuberant. That blouse is out of this world. I'm still looking for my perfect skirt. I've seen many that would be gorgeous on someone else. It's not necessarily easy, but I'm on a mission.

    xoxox,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.