Friday, February 25, 2011

My Gown Choices for Oscar Night

I thought it would be fun to dress each actress who
has been nominated, taking into consideration their ages,
their style & their size...
so here are my choices for each of the 10 ladies...


Best Supporting Actress

Helena Bonham Carter
with fabulous shoes, jewelry, &
knowing her, yards & yards of tuille wrapping
& trailing


Amy Adams
Moschino




Melissa Leo
Alberta Ferretti

I think this is totally cool for Melissa's "about 50" age...


Hailee Steinfeld
Oscar de la Renta
she's so young I hope she doesn't make a
mistake & wear too old...




Jacki Weaver
only Armani, only tailored

 

for her age & size there was no other choice,
she would look so regal dressed in this
perfect evening suit...


Best Actress


for
Nicole Kidman,
who never wears frilly,
I thought pale & fluffy for her long tall figure
& light skin

Marchesa


Michelle Williams
Monique Lulliere
red on blondes is a show-stopper look


 
Annette Bening

she would only need to add killer shoes
& fabulous over-the-top fine jewelry


Jennifer Lawrence
Oscar de la Renta

perfect confection for a 20-year old...


Natalie Portman
Theyskens for Theory




  • 

now, we'll wait & see what they actually wear...and
who knows, maybe Anne Hathaway, styled by Rachel Zoe,
will be the scene stealer of the evening...

my opinions on the films:

Colin Firth should have won last year for A Single Man,
one of the best films ever made.  So, here's hoping he is
a shoo-in on Sunday.

The Social Network is also one of the best films,
in my opinion.  Maybe The King's Speech will win,
but if  The Social Network wins Best Picture I
won't be unhappy.

Anything Mark Walberg does is excellent.

Inception was so confusing to me I had to leave it
after only 30 minutes.


Natalie Portman for Best Actress
because she was...

& if I were going to be on the red carpet this is what I
would wear...

a simple little black dress...






Photobucket


joining 2 link parties

here  & here