Thursday, January 12, 2017

The New Shoe

have any of you noticed how even the haute couture designers are showing 
FLATS
with their outfits, even luxe evening outfits?

flats and/or sandals


notice the shoe, which almost looks like a tennis shoe idea with that while band around it,
shown yesterday for Valentino's Pre-Fall 2017 collection.
so this is for NEXT Fall & Winter !!

this is what I'm talking about, fashion is just more CASUAL for anytime, any season.

I'm tall so I can wear all these patterns mixed up together, very very very Ungaro-like,
or Dries Van Noten,
but remember, this is VALENTINO
Princetown Jacquard Horsebit Mule, Gold Print




so it seems that our darling Olsen sisters, who actually
trailblazed this idea have made a huge impression on the
fashion world at large.
their collection called THE ROW is, to me, one of the
most outstanding lines around today.

it tends to the luxe fabrics, slouchy, big garments, and no matter the price, they are casual-looking UNTIL you realize this
is the direction young fashion has been headed for awhile.
the shoe below is THE ROW

& then this beauty, now on sale,
Aquazzura found here


again VALENTINO PRE-FALL '17


NOW, for me, this is a very good thing, these flat shoes !!!

how do you guys feel ?????



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love flat shoes as I'm tall, and now miserably uncomfortable in heels for long periods! Favorites in my wardrobe are my merlot leather wing-tipped French Oxfords, woven leather Frye Oxfords, leather and suede tasseled Brogues with crepe rubber soles (just bought those in Spain - oh Spain you make the most beautiful yet affordable shoes), and my Ecco leather sneakers in several colors. All these, along with my pairs of Cole Haan low heel booties, are making my feet so happy this winter! I love nice footwear and even enjoy polishing my shoes/boots every week - how weird is that!!!!

    I love that brocade slide, the metal bit prevents it from looking like a house slipper, and it would look marvelous with a black tuxedo jacket and trouser - my go to outfit on ships for evening wear. To be able to walk and dance comfortably as we age is so important.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.