Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Cabin Love


20% OFF EVERYTHING
LaLaLand Collection for Kids
clickable icon on left






I've been remembering my childhood when visiting my grandmother's house.
Mom-Mom was my grandmother.

A legendary figure.
No kidding

She had the most perfect house, and there were MANY rules, all rigidly enforced.

But, she also had a Bay House and a Cabin in the woods.

The Bay House had a Sleeping Porch, one of the old-fashioned types, a screened-in porch.
We could hear the waves when we would lie in bed at night, and in the mornings we would
hear the motors of the early-morning fishermen's boats.

But, the Cabin was even more magical.
It was close enough to civilization that we weren't deprived of sustenance or entertainment,
but we were a bit isolated when there.

Of course, the cabin was filled to the brim with kids, dogs, aunts/uncles/cousins
because everyone loved being there.


They cooked outside on what we now know as an outdoor kitchen, but back then
it wasn't quite that fancy.
but it was still wonderful.

the room above looks so inviting to me, and it recalled all the memories immediately.
memories I haven't thought about in many years.
good memories.

do you guys have "CABIN LOVE?"




xx's



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that photo of the cabin and the window is magical. You had a great granny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, up at 2 am, new puppy! Catching up on email long forgotten. My maternal grandparents would host each of the cousins for a week at a time during summer and then all of us in August, before school shopping in their large Victorian home. What amazing memories we all recounted this Summer at a family reunion. One of our favorites was the large bedroom the three oldest girls slept in (all in one double bed if you can imagine) tucked in a turret with stairs to a spooky attic! The first National highway, Rt. 40, ran directly in front of the house. We felt like stars on a sidewalk with all the tourists reading the historical markers in front of the house! We thought they came to see us! Holding on to our personal histories helps keep us grounded and bonded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dream childhood! I wasn't as lucky but as a young adult with two small little girls my husband's aunt and uncle had a little house on the beach in Bethany Delaware. It was a magical place and my girls loved visiting there....sleeping upstairs looking out on the ocean. Our aunt Marie would make coffee simply putting grinds in boiling water. It was delicious. And we would go crabbing and bring home the basket, wash each one off and bake and eat. It was always a wonderful summer on the ocean.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.