Monday, August 20, 2018

Collections




I have no idea whose beautiful kitchen this is, but it reminds me of Serena Crawford's
huge blue and white collection.  She posted on IG that she's de-cluttering; for a move,
for a change, I'm not certain yet.

However, when you have something this beautiful I would have a 
VERY HARD TIME RELEASING IT.


However, I am RELEASING some of my beautiful clothes.
Things I know I will never wear again because, as a widow who does NOT
have a boyfriend, my lifestyle is so very different.
I won't go to galas again.
I don't go to lunch with my girlfriends often.
I really don't do grand travelling where one stays in a 5-Star Hotel,
or a villa and dines at Michelin-starred restaurants just as a matter of normal stuff
my husband wanted to do.

So the beautiful designer garments, SIZE 6, need to be released.
Same for the high high high heels.

After that I'll see how I feel about releasing boxes of "remembrances."
notes, letters, cards, photographs of everything around the world.
I'll never get rid of photos with PEOPLE in them, they are treasures for sure.

OK, my air conditioner went out last Monday, got that fixed.
Wednesday the refrigerator blew it's compressor.
Maybe today, Monday, that will be replaced, as it seems the
service people are SO busy due to the high heat of summer.

I've survived that.  All is well.

My daughter is getting a divorce!
She just drove back from North Idaho with her 5-year old son and
2 dogs.  Everything went well for the 4 days it took her.
When I was her age I didn't drive alone anywhere, except maybe
to Dallas or San Antonio!
Times have definitely changed with our GPS, cell phones, etc.
all of which make it possible for a woman to drive alone.

Her plan is to sell her beautiful home in Wimberley, the Texas hill country.
After that she doesn't know what to do.
She hasn't worked for years, although she had a brilliant career and made really great money.
She also doesn't know if she wants to stay in Texas because of our hideous heat in summer.
Idaho looked good.

Where ever she goes I'll go.

And, I thought about that last night.
My apartment condo is beautiful, filled with light, floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows in
every room.  I'm on the 3rd floor, which is the Penthouse Floor of my building LOL,
and overlook the trees and our beautiful pool.  This is like the BEST place to be in Houston.
Am I ready to give it up?  I do not know.

But, I do know family is FIRST.
The older I get the more I realize that fact.
FAMILY IS FIRST.

Tell me what's on your mind today.

I would really like to know !!

sending love, my friends.

9 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to your daughter, having gone through one of those. I had two children at the time. I am very proud of you that you will go where she goes, it is the perfect thing to do. Because Marsha you are amazing and wonderful and you always will be no matter where you land. And someday we will take a nice trip to Italy! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, I so appreciate our friendship and, therefore, this beautiful comment. Thank you, Barbara.

      Delete
  2. I also send my love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, I just decluttered due to a move from Houston (Clear Lake) to Delaware! My husband was transferred b/c he needs to be close to NYC, DC, Philly, and Baltimore. We just arrived Sunday evening and the movers come today. It is hard to start over at my age! The high yesterday was 75! People are very friendly here. Come and see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news !!
      I have friends from Delaware and I know how wonderful it is in that state.
      xx's

      Delete
  4. Marsha, I was touched by your candor this morning and the dilemma of aging and change that all of us are obliged to confront. The change piece we seem to manage over time - no choice. The aging part aggravates change because we son’t be around forever and have limited time to adjust. It is pretty awful when divorce hits so close to home but I expect your daughter will prosper in due time. For you, however, to leave your beloved Texas - well, I am hoping you arrive at a happy decision. That said, you are right - family has always come first. It is how we have led our whole lives. What a comfort that some things NEVER change! I hope and pray you will find what is best for you and that your daughter will as well. Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey gorgeous, this means so much to me.
      Yes, leaving Texas is difficult, but I once left to move to the Middle East !!
      I'll be fine, I know.
      Packing? Not so sure about that !!
      xx'x

      Delete
  5. Ah Marsha, it's a difficult decision and all too well I know what you mean about a different season of life. I still travel, solo, but not as well as I did with Dave. When I read blogs about de-cluttering, I chuckle. What is clutter to some are beloved memories to me; I am the caretaker and steward of what I've got. When I'm gone, my family won't love these things but that's their choice. My choice is to love and tend to things carefully, gently and with love.
    I am sorry for the changes in your daughter and grandchildren's lives; I wish them, and you, well.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.