Thursday, September 6, 2018

Don't Say I Didn't Tell You !!

One-Button Embellished-Shoulder Lightweight Wool-Silk Tux Blazer


Blast From the Past
& it's everywhere for Fall/Holiday
BIG SHOULDERS
BLAZERS

& if Alexander McQueen is doing it, the house on the cutting edge of everything new, the herd will follow (& they have)

Velvet and Feathers Pouch Bag
feather handbags !!


& know what?  I have a closet full of these little dainty & whimsical pieces, all from 15-20 years ago; just about ready to send them to re-sale...when ALL OF A SUDDEN they're BACK too!

Sequin Double-Breasted Blazer w/ Fringe


SEQUINED EVERYTHING !!
shiny & glittery
just like the days of DYNASTY
tops, dresses, pants, leggings, jackets,
seriously EVERYTHING

So Full Kate Studded Metallic Leather Red Sole Booties


Tie-Neck Long-Sleeve Animal-Print Jacquard Blouse


OMG, I had this same outfit from Escada.
I wore it out.
Completely wore it out.  Frayed Collar and all.
But, you get the idea, I know.

electric colors, sparkle & shine.

Sequin-Embellished Dolman Top


now, this piece would make a great Christmas gift for daughters, nieces, etc.,
if not for yourself.

goes anywhere, except maybe to the grocer !

Metallic Button-Front Blazer

shiny blazer !!!





now, you know that I know WE all wore these !
they cost a bit more now, but what impact.
these are Tom Ford, but there will be copies everywhere, I promise

& worse case, the palazzo pants are back too.
I cannot show an image of hem because I hated them back then.  You have to be 6' tall and skinny as a rail for that silhouette to look good, slim, tiny top above.
nope. not for me this time.

High Waister Sequin Tweed Trousers



the story, I think, is that we must have at least ONE
NEW PIECE of the season.

what's it to be for you?

for me, I'll reprise a leather Escada bomber jacket,
bronze/gray snakeskin-look,
that is still in my closet because it's just so beautiful and
because it's been worn about 3 times.

OK, so tell me?
what will you bring out
or
what will you purchase
?????


1 comment:

  1. The glitzy look is not me at all Marsha! I do need a new black fine wool tuxedo jacket though, but not with those 'thingys' on the shoulders, and I prefer a shawl shaped satin collar (less masculine?) not revere style lapels. That said, just remembered, I do have a black sequined top which I've worn under the tux - that will be all the glitz for me along with some jewelry. FYI - when on ships requiring 'evening dress for dinner', I've been wearing a tuxedo suit as I refuse to pack evening gowns. Haven't been turned away from my table by a maître d' yet, haha!
    I used to buy Escada years ago when working - there was actually a small 'outlet' here and I found some awesome pieces. Such fabulous fabrics, and workmanship was excellent - I'm picky about those two facts, remember my mother was a dressmaker to royalty!!!

    Great post - hope you are well.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.