Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Fashion, Or Lack Thereof




hi everyone, well by now people have probably stopped talking about Ricky Gervais and
his hosting the Golden Globes.  It WAS funny, right?

but, please forgive me, I do not think I have EVER in all my years seen such a
collection of UGLY gowns on the stars.

seriously!

from Selma Hayek's bosom's up to her chin
Scarlette J duct taped bodice
JLo's gift-wrapped Valentino
Kerry Washington's bondage outfit
Gwenyth Paltrow's "see-thru" outfit (worst of all!)

WHO is dressing these women?

or do THEY THEMSELVES choose the outfits?

I emailed Rachel Zoe asking her to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back to
"styling the stars" ASAP

Pryanka's dress, styled by Mimi Cuttrell, was too tight for her.
Mimi also styles the Hadid sisters, but they are TALL & 
THIN THIN THIN,
 & Pryanka cannot wear the SAME styles they can.

Jennifer Anniston's dress was fine, but HER HAIR !!!  I realize her hair is like her signature but, for God's sake, can we see it styled differently every now and then?
Her Rachel-Hair was beautiful, but the tossled mess is not.
And, she is no longer the ingenue, is she?

Cate Blanchett ALWAYS looks beyond perfect, 
but this time the dress
eclipsed HER.  I did not like the bandage top, she is too elegant for that look,
and a less complicated bodice would have made the beautiful sleeve treatment look
like the angel wings they were meant to be.

Taylor Swift in the huge DAISY print outfit .  NO !   
For a garden party or later in the season
but in JANUARY !!!

However.

I'm not a designer of couture, nor am I a TV or Movie Star, nor am I YOUNG.

But, I think my critique is valid, still.

I am thrilled BRAD PITT won the award for 
Best Supporting Actor.  
That movie was SO over-the-top, 
the character he played had many facets, from side-kick, friend,
mentor, servant, stunt-double, to fierce and vengeful opponent, that he should have won.
He WAS awesome.

Onward & Upward, my friends

life is a cabaret.....

6 comments:

  1. I think these award shows are past their prime. I have not watched one for about 10 years, I did see photos on social media of the dresses and I agree with you. Some were horrible! I also agree about Jennifer Aniston, she always looks exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all the above! I just finished watching last night when I couldn't sleep. One star (I don't know half of them) looked like she was wearing an orange bandage. I thought Nicole Kidman and Zoe Kravitz looked lovely...other than that ...not so good...but I am certainly no fashion expert!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "usually" watched because of the fashions...this is more of "peep show"...what a lack of style. franki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your review and the comments above. Makes me feel better about not being able to watch these things in Greece. I knew one or two names you mentioned and could only imagine the garments you highlighted . . .or in this case is the word, low-lighted! ;-) Happy New Year! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you! The dresses and styles were just ugly! I think these stars will regret their choice when they see the photos!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.