Saturday, February 22, 2020

Signs of Spring

well, besides the budding AZALEA & CAROLINA JASMINE,
popping out all over Houston,
tiny white flowers embellish our esplanades, along with BEGONIA,
PETUNIA, PENTAS, (penta is one of my favorite flowering plants as they
tolerate HEAT so well).

the other signs of SPRING

mean re-decocorating, re-arranging, removing, changing things up a bit, right?

like a  "PLATE WALL" 
does anyone else "collect" plates, beautiful ones,
whimsical ones, ones that don't match anything else you own,
but are irresistaable?  

here's a new one, it think it's wonderful
(from onsuttonplace)


plate wall


also, newsworthy,, I've decided to sell some of my china, dinnerware on Ebay, 
though we have some wonderful consignment shops in Houston,
it's not that I don't like them, it's just that I want to change !!!

 & living in a highrise there is not enough room for vast collections that will go un-used.

so, I'm changing, without spending too much money.

I have the beautiful Arte Italica Silver Filigree Edged Chargers,
which I don't often use any longer.


so I've been looking around for a NEW china pattern, probably
an antique design, to go with these and, VOILA, I think
I've found it !!


my Arte Italica Sterling Silver Filigree Chargers




Royal Stafford Asiatic Pheasant Black Dinner Plate

I had in mind something with BLACK as that is what I
originally had, the Emilia Castillo Handmade Black Dinner
Plates, with a Sterling Silver Leopard draped across the top rim.
the combination of "rough luxe" was simply beyond beautiful.

but, the value of the plates had soared since we had them made,
so I sold them.  now I'm hunting again.

best news, it's a wash, cash-wise !

as soon as I receive the new "antique" plates, I'll take a photograph for you guys, with placemats, silver, crystal,
EVERYTHING.

big hug from me, Marsha,

"she is always & never the same"









11 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! It gave me a chance to come over to yours. Love the black and white plate your shared. For some reason the other photos are not showing up for me. I am going to add your blog to Bloglovin so I can keep up with you! I love plates. I have red and blue transferware by Johnson Brothers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying this again. Somehow my old google account showed up. Thanks for visiting my blog, it gave me a chance to come visit you! Love the black and white plate. I use red and blue Johnsonville transferware as my every day dished and use other blue and white plates for wall hangings! I am adding your blog yo my Bloglovin list so I can see when you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Penny-Poo !!
    I'm following you too.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, would love to see all thephotos but only the blackand white plate appeared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are showiwng up now. I mis-uploaded them !!!

      Delete
  5. Hmmm...I got all of them... BUT, that b/w is gorgeous!! More, please!! franki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I think they workk now.
      Thank you & love love love

      Delete
  6. Agree - the pictures are not there only your new choice plate that is black and white (gorgeous tho) - would love to see your things - can you also post your ebay sale? XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, I sent them to you via email, but they're re-uploaded now.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.